Wex or Calumet

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I am looking to purchase a shiny new Nikon D7200 and was wondering which is the best most reliable online UK retailer to go with. Wex and Calumet seem the front runners and are both the same on price. I was wondering what fellow users thoughts and experiences were when purchasing from these companies.

Gramps Many thanks for taking the trouble to reply to me. Is either one better than the other in your opinion or are they both much the same? I'll probably go for a next day delivery as well. Does either company have the edge on this?

Gramps Many thanks for taking the trouble to reply to me. Is either one better than the other in your opinion or are they both much the same? I'll probably go for a next day delivery as well. Does either company have the edge on this?

Both much the same and as Carl says similar to most other recognised dealers - I've used both and had no issues :)

Not sure where you're based, but is there an independent nearby that you could support?

Good point. I honestly hadn't thought of that in all my excitement. There is a local shop in Hastings. I'll pop down there first. If they've got what I want and they are not asking outrageously over the odds, I'll happily cough up to get my paws on the camera there and then.

Good point. I honestly hadn't thought of that in all my excitement. There is a local shop in Hastings. I'll pop down there first. If they've got what I want and they are not asking outrageously over the odds, I'll happily cough up to get my paws on the camera there and then.

(y)

Don't forget there's a `free grip` offer on atm. ;):cool:

Old Carlos. Well I've been saving up for this model for quite a while now. The free grip offer is the icing on the cake really.

I've used Calumet in Manchester, always been very helpful and pleasant to deal with. I even got a refund when I found the printer I had bought slightly cheaper elsewhere, spoke to the manager she checked and refunded the difference straight away.

As @OldCarlos said there's a free grip offer at Calumet and half price CaptureOne if that's of interest (I wonder if you could get that then sell it - I paid full priced and would have snapped your hand off for £85 as I'm sure someone else would)

I have no issue buying from WEX either, got some stuff from them this week.

Last edited:
Sorry for not replying sooner. Work became very busy and I haven't had the time for anything, photographic or otherwise for quite a while. In the end I bought my camera from Wex with the next day delivery option. My shiny new camera arrived at 9:30 the next morning, so very impressed and happy with the service I received. I got the free grip from Nikon as well, so will be off out to take some pics over the next few days.

Thank you to everyone who took the trouble to contribute to this thread. Your help and advice was much appreciated.

Wex for me, always very good service and on the odd occasion I have had any problems they have been pretty good to deal with over the phone.

Back