WEX reduces the D810 to £1795

That's a great price, I guess it's because the D810S is being announced next week....

I'm only kidding but you never know ;)

Wonder if it's Wex's me of financial year which would coincide with end of the tax year? Would explain some bargains to boost sales for year end, unless all others doing same pricing?

Wonder if it's Wex's me of financial year which would coincide with end of the tax year? Would explain some bargains to boost sales for year end, unless all others doing same pricing?

well the D5 and D500 are out and as you suggested to D810S is rumoured to be released soon ........ or maybe they are seeing a little sense and trying to compete with the "greys" - at least in some way

just wonder why?

they say the RRP is £2,699 - Reduced to £1,795

A replacement will be out this year. It's about time the price dropped a bit. Jessops do a uk price match on a lot of stuff so they had to follow with the reduction too.

Theyve been this price since last Friday elsewhere. Sony may supposedly keep the best sensors for themselves but Nikon still get better performance out the same sensor as per the DXO link.

Last edited:
Sony may supposedly keep the best sensors for themselves but Nikon still get better performance out the same sensor as per the DXO link.

I agree - it was a "tongue in cheek" response to the 5D

The D810 at that price has got to be a good deal ..... and the UK Retailers are still making money!

used D810 and maybe D4S prices are going to suffer??

Last edited:
Forget WEX,
Harrison's have it with a £350 Instant Discount using code D810SAVE (ends 30th March).
Brings it down to £1445!!!
:)

Last edited:
Reactions: ST4
I bought one. Couldn't resist any longer. I'm sure the D810's successor will be announced soon but it's sure to come with a premium price tag for a good few months. £1,800 was, for me, the right price.

I bought one. Couldn't resist any longer. I'm sure the D810's successor will be announced soon but it's sure to come with a premium price tag for a good few months. £1,800 was, for me, the right price.
See above.
Refund and reorder via Harrison's :)

Out of stock - and the price quoted looks suspiciously like it includes the £350 discount (assuming it's a legit UK import).
Yup they are a official Nikon seller, so UK model.

Yup they are a official Nikon seller, so UK model.
As I said, I'd be surprised if they would apply an additional £350 discount on top of the £1,795. Nikon wouldn't allow them to undercut other official UK sellers by that amount.

Grays have the £350 discount until the end of March. Tempted to take a trip down. Mind you, my combo of choice would still be £378 cheaper grey import so probably won't :)

I missed it but according to camera pricebuster the D810 was £1445.00 on the 21 Mar 2016 @ Calumet Photographic I would have bought a second body at that price? Will keep an eye on the site now for any more drops?

Whatever they bring out to replace it if anything? I more than happy with my D810 and if there is something new in the pipeline it certainly will be nearer £3k going on the D500 price tag?

http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/Nikon/Nikon-Digital-SLRs/Nikon-D810-Body

Did anyone take advantage of the March offer, signalled in this thread - certain Nikon dealers were selling "UK Bodies" at less than the "grey guys"

less than the WEX price and well under the HDEW grey
The price now seems to have gone back up to Retail £2.4k

The D820 must be on it's way???

D810.jpg

Last edited:
The £350 'discount' has been extended through to the end of April.

Does that now mean the D810 is back at £1795 as I can't find it at that price anywhere. There is a £350 discount if you trade up,to the D810 with another DSLR only. However LCE include only DSLR but CSC cameras as well.

I have some equipment that should be inspected tomorrow at Wex and was hoping to pick one up for the reduced cost.

Does that now mean the D810 is back at £1795 as I can't find it at that price anywhere. There is a £350 discount if you trade up,to the D810 with another DSLR only. However LCE include only DSLR but CSC cameras as well.

I have some equipment that should be inspected tomorrow at Wex and was hoping to pick one up for the reduced cost.

Apologies. Looks like it's the £350 additional trade-in option that's on offer. The key word is 'additional'.

I would keep an eye on camera price buster as there seems to be offer after offer at the moment on the D810?

I am miffed I missed the sub £1500 price but a feeling there be more offers in the pipeline?

Regards the trade in I bought mine ages ago with the same trade in offer, and Jessops allowed me to trade in a £20 point and shoot! So don't trade in anything of value if you thinking of going down this route?

I would keep an eye on camera price buster as there seems to be offer after offer at the moment on the D810?

I am miffed I missed the sub £1500 price but a feeling there be more offers in the pipeline?

Regards the trade in I bought mine ages ago with the same trade in offer, and Jessops allowed me to trade in a £20 point and shoot! So don't trade in anything of value if you thinking of going down this route?

Thanks Mick think the cost will come down again quite quickly,it depends how patient Iam to whether I wait or not

The £1445 price at Calumet was an error which they didn't honour. Basically before it was reduced in price they where using a voucher code to give the discount. Then they reduced the price but forgot to make the voucher code invalid. I ordered a D810 from them when this was available and they cancelled the order and emailed to say it was an error. Also talked to local store who also said it was an error and there was nothing they could do. They did the same thing with the D750 too at the same time.

Last edited:
The £1445 price at Calumet was an error which they didn't honour. Basically before it was reduced in price they where using a voucher code to give the discount. Then they reduced the price but forgot to make the voucher code invalid. I ordered a D810 from them when this was available and they cancelled the order and emailed to say it was an error. Also talked to local store who also said it was an error and there was nothing they could do. They did the same thing with the D750 too at the same time.

That makes me feel better then haha! I don't check that often on camera price buster as I already have one D810, but now and again I will look to see if it dropped any so was shocked when I saw that price? I would like a second body and at that price it was a no brainer had it been correct!

Last edited:
Did anyone take advantage of the March offer, signalled in this thread - certain Nikon dealers were selling "UK Bodies" at less than the "grey guys"

less than the WEX price and well under the HDEW grey
The price now seems to have gone back up to Retail £2.4k

The D820 must be on it's way???

D810.jpg

I managed to get a very good price for mine from Wex.

Last edited:
I managed to get a very good price for mine from Wex, ;)

I know Simon - as I said the prices in March for the D810 were really special ... I just followed the "price trail" and promo codes

I think that we were just lucky, maybe

Last edited:
Back