what a week. i hate xmas

Ashers

Suspended / Banned
Name
Ash
Edit My Images
Yes
well what a week ive had. i hate xmas, it seems that everything bad that happens to me happens at xmas, throughout the years things have always happened like on xmas datys my dad called into work, my grandfather and various other reletives seem to die on xmas day, and now this year. this year woz a doozie. this last week has taken the cake. and eaten it. first of all i cant get a job even though i apply for nearly 80 in 1 week, then my dog dies. the pet ive loved for 13 years. then my camera breaks, and wont come back for 6 weeks, and its my only hobby, and i think my girlfriend is going to split up with me. as she has become distant, and never says she loves me no more, which is weird wen she used to say it all the time. and doesnt talk to me. i do social work and i can see between the lines. then people wonder why i hate Xmas BAH HUMBUG!

Thats my rant over with thanks for listening

well what a week ive had. i hate xmas, it seems that everything bad that happens to me happens at xmas, throughout the years things have always happened like on xmas datys my dad called into work, my grandfather and various other reletives seem to die on xmas day, and now this year. this year woz a doozie. this last week has taken the cake. and eaten it. first of all i cant get a job even though i apply for nearly 80 in 1 week, then my dog dies. the pet ive loved for 13 years. then my camera breaks, and wont come back for 6 weeks, and its my only hobby, and i think my girlfriend is going to split up with me. as she has become distant, and never says she loves me no more, which is weird wen she used to say it all the time. and doesnt talk to me. i do social work and i can see between the lines. then people wonder why i hate Xmas BAH HUMBUG!

Thats my rant over with thanks for listening

**** dude, think you need to relax and sleep on things. Maybe the world will be a better place in the morning!! For the record, I hate xmas too, but not having your luck thank god!! Hope everything turns out OK and you have a good one!

its tough when you dont have a job.
are you on 'new deal'? that helped me out quite a bit ,you can get possibly use the program to help you turn your hobby into a business. Also if you are under 30 you can get yourself a grant from the princes trust. Going to hundreds of interviews only to be ****ed around by people is pretty soul destroying.
After 2 years of being on the dole i got help from 'new deal' to start my own business.

im on the dole but im at uni, but i re-start in september after problems at my old uni

thanks i know. and dogs re more intelligent
im holding onto her with the skin of my teeth

I've got some sympathy for you mate. I've had some bad Christmasses in my time but this is the worst, my wife has been diagnosed with breast cancer and has flown back to UK to get it treated. God willing it will be ok because it has been caught very early but I'm left here as she doesn't want me under her feet with nothing to do and I've got 2 dogs and a cat I have to look after.

I was only saying a couple of weeks ago that someone seems to save up the bad things and then share them out just before Christmas.

Thanks Marky, same to you.

Ash keep your chin up mate, you can only go so far down then the only way out is up. :D

i mean ive never liked xmas, never i hate seeing all the people happy and enjoying it and all the merryment. i spent 5 xmases alone coz i had to work. year after year and my family went to visit our family. it cant just be me on here that hates xmas? surely there is someone else i mean i get called scrooge coz i refuse to send xmas cards or wrap presents nd new year all my family been invited to parties except me. but i only have my self to blame. i get drunk and tell my family wat i really think of them. lol so no one to blame but myself :)

:hug: to all of you having pretty cr*p times at the mo. Hope life deals you a wining hand soon x

I think in the last 11 years, I have only had one Christmas where I haven't worked, so life just goes on as usual for me. This year will be no different. 2004 was my worst Xmas ever - I had split up with my boyfriend of 11 years, moved into my own place, all alone, my family were all doing other things, I had to give my beloved Siamese cats away to new homes, and my gran (who I loved and adored) died a few weeks before. I also returned from a holiday in Thailand just before the Tsunami :eek:

Thinking of all of you who arent looking forward to Christmas.

Especially you, Chuckurbarla, fingers crossed for you, let us know how things go. (y)

I've got some sympathy for you mate. I've had some bad Christmasses in my time but this is the worst, my wife has been diagnosed with breast cancer and has flown back to UK to get it treated. God willing it will be ok because it has been caught very early but I'm left here as she doesn't want me under her feet with nothing to do and I've got 2 dogs and a cat I have to look after.

I was only saying a couple of weeks ago that someone seems to save up the bad things and then share them out just before Christmas.

Sorry to hear that, fingers crossed for you guys.

Gary.

i mean ive never liked xmas, never i hate seeing all the people happy and enjoying it and all the merryment. i spent 5 xmases alone coz i had to work. year after year and my family went to visit our family. it cant just be me on here that hates xmas? surely there is someone else i mean i get called scrooge coz i refuse to send xmas cards or wrap presents nd new year all my family been invited to parties except me. but i only have my self to blame. i get drunk and tell my family wat i really think of them. lol so no one to blame but myself :)

I hate it too, but i'm not bitter!! You shouldn't be upset with familes etc just because they are enjoying themselves. I hate xmas due to the financial pressure it puts everyone under, and the massive hangover (one of the reasons I never touch alcohol now!!).

Gary.

lol im a bitter person lol but only at xmas lol

Hi Ashers,

Aww, it seems like you've gone through a fair bit in your life. It's soo sad losing members of your family.........together with losing a pet too, together with your camera and girlfriend, it must be really difficult for you. I can understand you feeling sad and probably quite bitter about these circumstances, but unfortunately, most of us, if not a huge majority, have gone through the same ourselves.

I thought the end of the world had arrived nearly 6 months ago, but since then, lots of things have changed, and although I'm not a big lover of Christmas, I am actually looking forward to it this year, especially from a personal point of view. I achieved more than I ever thought I would in November, but it was purely down to trying to be positive about life, and making things work for the better, not only for me, but for my family too.

Unfortunately, Christmas does bring home what has happened in our life over the past year and more, and often, the carols and hymns can make peeps low in spirit, (I often shed a tear when listening to them). Though it is a time to rejoice, and to think of all that has happened, whether positive or sad.

I hope you feel better soon, and can work toward taking positive steps to improve your personal life and circumstances. :) I know it's hard, I really do, and hope you will see "the light at the end of the tunnel" very soon, which you will in time. Keep persevering and believing, no matter how long it takes. Good luck. (y)

thanks. im not a religious person at all. so it doesnt help seeing hymns and the like. but i do respect those who do believe in something.

Aww, that's fair enough Ashers. :) Things will work out good for you, I'm sure. Hope lots of good things come your way, whether it be Christmas time or not. Good luck. :)

well hopefully my transfer to liverpool john moores university comes thru. i think i used all my luck for this year up with that.

i love helping people as weird as that sounds.

Ash mate, thats all really sh*t.
You know, on their own, if they all happened one at a time, rather than all at once, they would be more manageable, but happening all at once really takes it out of you.

You just gotta remember.
Its like a bucket overflowing. The pressure is too great, and the water will overflow. But once that water is back below level its easier to manage.
and its much like a cloudy day.
The sun shines through occasionally, but the clouds cover the sun up. But the sun will eventually shine through.
While that all sounds lame, its all very true.

well i failed my second year due to living with a girl who the uni knew was mentally ill, and she tried to poison me twice, stole from me tried to get me arrested, and much other stuff and i failed (my second year) lol. oh and university lost my work and decided not to tell me they had lost it and failed me, then wen i sent it in again they marked it, sent it away to the examiners marked it got it back within the hour and failed it. my first year i was with someone who was also mentally ill with scitzofrenia and compulsive obbsesive disorder and torrets. lol. and kept stealing signs off walls which we the flat got charged for. lol. so my luck is bad, but i think it was because i was a nasty ******* wen i was younger karma is biting me in the ass lmao.

well i failed my second year due to living with a girl who the uni knew was mentally ill, and she tried to poison me twice, stole from me tried to get me arrested, and much other stuff and i failed (my second year) lol. oh and university lost my work and decided not to tell me they had lost it and failed me, then wen i sent it in again they marked it, sent it away to the examiners marked it got it back within the hour and failed it. my first year i was with someone who was also mentally ill with scitzofrenia and compulsive obbsesive disorder and torrets. lol. and kept stealing signs off walls which we the flat got charged for. lol. so my luck is bad, but i think it was because i was a nasty ******* wen i was younger karma is biting me in the ass lmao.

:shrug:

Back