What Am I Doing Wrong Now????

... but I'm many leagues from St Albans in the deep, dark forests of the north.

I don't remember seeing a tree in Crewe, let alone a forest!:p

I don't remember seeing a tree in Crewe, let alone a forest!:p

Delamere FOREST... look it up boys.... :D

Although it is about 10 miles away....:thinking:

Ok, an update. The tank has been returned from the tool room and is now in a much better condition than before its accident. It has a nylon collar into which the magnet is glued and then the collar has been affixed with some reet special, unbreakable, super glue. Apparently it should out last me.
Just need to shoot a roll and then try the new developing system. I'm also picking up a Tetanal kit tomorrow from Simon Ess so I shall try and shoot 2 rolls and try both out as a comparison.

Cheers

Andy

Andy - as you have been running the processor without water, make sure the heating element is okay before you use it in anger with a film. I've heard it's easy to overheat and burn them out if they are on without being immersed in water.

Also, probably stating the obvious here, but don't rely on the numbers on the dial to set the temperature. The dials on both my CPEs are a few degrees out. Best to get a thermometer you trust, get the water to 38 degrees and mark the dials.

I'm not sure why this was bumped :thinking: Anyway as an update , I dont use the tank anymore, just warm the chems in a bucket, much simpler. :D

I'm not sure why this was bumped :thinking: Anyway as an update , I dont use the tank anymore, just warm the chems in a bucket, much simpler. :D

But we want to know what the problem was..or did you simply switch chems to Tetenal..?

Ok, an update. The tank has been returned from the tool room and is now in a much better condition than before its accident. It has a nylon collar into which the magnet is glued and then the collar has been affixed with some reet special, unbreakable, super glue. Apparently it should out last me.
Just need to shoot a roll and then try the new developing system. I'm also picking up a Tetanal kit tomorrow from Simon Ess so I shall try and shoot 2 rolls and try both out as a comparison.

Cheers

Andy

Well, to update the update. The unbreakable glue broke.....:banghead: So I don't use the Jobo anymore and I switched to Tetanal which worked fine, then I switched to Fuji Press which I like a little better but it does take longer as the bleach and fix are separate . I have 5 litres of it so I'll be using it for awhile.

Andy

Never done any C41, so excuse my ignorance... but

Well, to update the update. The unbreakable glue broke.....:banghead: So I don't use the Jobo anymore and I switched to Tetanal which worked fine, then I switched to Fuji Press which I like a little better but it does take longer as the bleach and fix are separate . I have 5 litres of it so I'll be using it for awhile.

This sounds like "Tetanal" is an alternative for Jobo, though I understood the former to be a set of chemicals and the latter to be a tank with a motor... can anyone explain, please?

Yes, Jobo is the equipment and tetanal the chemicals.

I'm using the Compard/Rollei Digibase C-41 kit of half a liter, prepared and used as the instruction manual said and no problems so far, here the instructions:

http://www.maco-photo.de/files/images/C41_InstructionManual.pdf

I do it at 25ºC because is easy to maintain that temp constant, pre-soak the film filling the tank with water at the same temp for a couple of minutes, then add the developer for 13 mins agitating every 30 secs, then the bleacher for 6 mins agitating every 30 secs, then the fixer for 7 mins agitating every 30 secs, and finally a long wash under running no-so-cold water, and th's it, the next step is to hang the film and wait at least 4 hours to let it dry.

The instructions include a nice trouble-shooting table.

Hope this helps :)

Ah, so that's why my photos are s*** :D

Back