What are you currently reading..

About to start on The Wolf's Hour by Robert McCammon. I've read it before and it's actually still in the draw of my bedside cabinet but I've been waiting for the Kindle version to come out. Been wanting to read it again for a long time.

Assembly code on my screen for a PIC Microcontroller

:)

journeys out of the body , by Robert Monroe

if you want to know what happens when you die go get it

George Orwell - The Road To Wigan Peer

And a chess for beginners book. I can play, just not very well, and want to be better.

In a bit of a fantasy run at the moment - just finished Brandon Sanderson - The Way of Kings (book2) and it was excellent.
On the flight back yesterday finally started Steven Erikson - The Crippled God

Definitely a paper book reader, not an e-book reader, here.

Road To Wigan Pier along with Down and Out In Paris and London are fanastic books and thee history behind why he wrote also very interesting.

The late could put you off eating out forever!

Regards

Chris

Finished Stephen Leather - Hard Landing. It was OK, but I cannot really recommend it. A lot was drawn out and I put it down for a while.

In the middle I was given David R Hawkins - Power V Force. Which was a real eye opener and I recommend if you enjoy reading about techniques that are put to one side by the medical profession if they cannot make money out of it.

Regards

Chris

Last edited:
just finished 'the shetland bus' by David Howarth - a true story about fishing boats opperating from shetland to support the norwegian resistance during WW2

Am now reading The Gallows Curse by Karen Maitland.
Hmmm. Think it may be a bit crap. Like it Terry Pratchet had no laughs

A

Been reading and enjoying Kerry Wilkinson, Locked In for a couple of days.

Well written new author and nearly half way through keeping me keen.

Regards

Chris

Just ordered a couple of books. including the Lady in the Tower by Alison Weir. Looking forward to reading them once delivered :}

Just reading Hitch 22 by Christopher Hitchens. Interesting read so far. Sad to read the first chapter where he talks about his imminent death from cancer.

Great book, the final chapters are among the best chapters of any memoir in history.

If you can, buy the audiobook as well. It's read by Christopher, and, well, you can imagine how good it is :)

Currently reading Vladimir Nabokov: Pale Fire.

Finished reading the Larsson trilogy, does anybody have any other books similar to those that you could recommend? Have looked at the Wallander books so far.

Joe

Camilla Lackberg - So far ive read 'the stonecutter' and 'the preacher' but theres about five - good if you like scandanavian crime

Coming towards the end of The Diamond Age, or a Young Lady's Illustrated Primer by Neal Stephenson, it somehow feels slightly odd to be reading this book on a Kindle.. a book featuring an electronic book read on an electronic book..

Finished reading Locked In by Kerry Wilkinson. Fairly good book, but not a thrill a minute with a typical quick ending.

Now reading Uprising, by Scott G Mariani. This is the first he has written about vampires. Got to say it is a very captivating read and something I would not normally be interested in. But Scott is a superb writer.

Regards

Chris

I've eventually got round to reading Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson.

A worthwhile read, and all of a sudden I'm starting to understand the things I should have understood years ago! :D

I've eventually got round to reading Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson.

A worthwhile read, and all of a sudden I'm starting to understand the things I should have understood years ago! :D

A superb book and one I have read many times. It is amazing that one person has found such an easy way of putting it over. Bryan Peterson should be Knighted for his services to photography.

Best regards

Chris

i've not read a book for ages but have just started "Gone" by Michael Grant
its the first in a series of 5 books (the 5th due next year)

i was steered towards this series as i noticed a few different customers had brought various installments with them to read while waiting & when quizzed they all said they were enthralled.
hopefully i'll enjoy them :)

previously i've read a lot of Koontz but also really enjoyed the Davinci code & the Hanibal Lecter books :geek:

I'm not a great reader, but at the moment I am reading the girl with the dragon tattoo. before that it was a book by Michael smith(iirc) called spares.

just finished reading Ron Jeremy's autobigraphy.....interesting to say the least.:)

Flash In The Pan said:
Back from the Brink - Sir Michael Edwardes' account of the BL/unions battle of the late 70s

Ooh that sounds great. Will put that on the read list, thanks :)

Sonriendo said:
Fifty Shades of Grey *blushes*

Just finished the 3rd one. Very good books

Just finished the 3rd one. Very good books

Only read the first and not entirely sure if I'll bother with the rest tbh - I thought the actual writing was very juvenile although the :naughty: bits were pretty :naughty: :LOL:

Stick with them. I just read through the oh my's and lip biting. It's a nice little bubblegum type trilogy that you can just lose yourself in. Sometimes you need that little bit of escapism

TP Rules :(

Just started the latest in the templar series from paul christopher (red templar) it's warming up as to be expected .

Recently read Le Carre's A Small Town In Germany after watching the remake of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. Now reading Stephen Fry's "The Liar".

Last edited:
Killing Pablo by Mark Bowden. Its a book bout the manhunt and whacking of Pablo Escobar.

Back