what are your favourite kitchen gadgets?

Edit My Images
No
i have the usual stuff people like : rice cooker, blender, cast iron pan, cool knife sharpeners, pestle and mortar, senseo coffee machine, etc. i also have those poach pods that are highly regarded on amazon but haven't poached an egg in them yet :)

what other neat gadgets do you recommend? i'd love to get an artisan stand mixer but don't think i have space sadly.

cheers!

the best one i have found so far is the wife really usefull in the kitchen :D .ooopps best not let her read that one though .

I love my Kenwood mixer. but i decent set of Knives and and good steel and my hands. Don't understand poach pods, we have 3 or 4 different ways to make coffee which also lead to me have a coffee grinder good solid griddle pan, i think i have about7 frying pans of different sizes and makes. been told i have an unhealthy thing about chopping boards...

Not sure I would class my global knives or jamie frying pans as gadgets do would go for my magimix processor.

haha i just mentioned the poach pods because they are always near the top on best-selling kitchen stuff on amazon, so i thought someone might mention them. oh yeah i have a slow cooker too.

will likely get around to buying some really nice knives at some point, but at the moment i am just managing with some james martin chef knife and a few ceramic ones i got dirt cheap off dealextreme (pretty neat website but takes forever for delivery)

have definitely thought about buying a really nice heavy huge wooden chopping board, but small plastic ones are just so convenient and easy to clean haha :(

camb - anything you own in the kitchen that you recommend is cool!

if anyone has a great stainless steel pan brand that would be great. every chef in the usa recommends all-clad but it's even more expensive over here.

Last edited:
I have a very old kenwood chef that my mum gave to me years ago. It's brilliant!

oh yeah my pasta machine... got rid of the bread machine, have an ice cream maker (just counted my chopping boards they have a point) hate my slow cooker, thinking about a pressure cooker. would love a heavy duty blender.

I have a very old kenwood chef that my mum gave to me years ago. It's brilliant!

They seem to go on forever - I've got my mums one as well... Dont forget to hand it down to your kids when that time comes :p :LOL:

My favourites are

Kitchen aid artisan mixer
Kitchen aid blender
Global knives
Spiderco tri-angle sharpener, not specific to kitchen but a great sharpening system.
Le Creuset pans

The wife's is the Kitchen Aid Mixer bought from Amazon last
t year in the Black Friday sales.

Mine is the Mr T Flavorwave.

My steam juicer gets used almost every day. As well as juicing fruit that's difficult to deal with in any other way (for which I don't actually use it a great deal), it's great for cooking pasta and steaming veg at the same time, with no boiling over. The base pan is a decent-sized casserole. Add a rack and use it as a covered roaster. The top pan is a large colander, that'll hold 5 Kg, and is useful for picking fruit.

A bit of an extravagance (though not at the recent prices from Amazon, Popcorn etc) is having two maslin pans.

I've got three 2 L plastic measuring jugs, and could use another.

Got an old Spong marmalade cutter, but think I'll carry on with a knife. Gave a mezzaluna a try, but it's a waste of time.

My Joseph Joseph knife block/chopping board combo. Not exactly a gadget but very neat and clever and the knives are a treat to use

i love our potato ricer. makes the best mash. Also our nespresso machine is brilliant. I have ordered 3 global knives and can't wait for them to arrive :D

My Kin knife, incredibly sharp and stays that way for ages. Initially de-burr and sharpen with a steel then polish on a sharpening block for the best results. We used to have various gizmos for making coffee but these days I find the best results come from a good blend in a French press or Lavazza in a Bialetti stove-top espresso maker.

One thing I would like is a good ravioli tray and roller, might ask for that at Christmas :)

My food mill http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002UHJV5Q I make alot of soups and this is indespensible and so much better than any food processor also great for mashed potatoes pasta sauces to go with the home made pasta.

Lakeland has been getting a fair bit of my cash latley and I'm over the moon with their meat mincer http://www.lakeland.co.uk/10118/Meat-Mincer a steal at £30 along with their burger press http://www.lakeland.co.uk/10481/Quarter-Pounder-Burger-Press it's great to know what is going into the food we eat.

The breadmaker get's alot of use although I don't bake the bread in it I use it to mix the dough for the bread or the pasta.

My Mega PCB manufacturing tanks

p18_1.jpg

Or the ice cream maker, or the sausage machine, or maybe the samsung fridge freezer's ice and filter water machine........

Henkel knives, cross grain chopping board, cast iron griddle. Job done.

Actually, I rather like the hand blender, really handy for soups when I can't be bothered to wash the Magimix.

I love my juicer, forget the brand. Juice the strangest things in it and they still taste great. That and my blender.

How would you know? You don't do kitchens 'cos you burn everything! :D

For me it's got to be a knife sharpener. Nothing worse than trying to slice ripe tomatoes with a blunt knife!

Last edited:
Nothing worse than trying to slice ripe tomatoes with a blunt knife!

Very true (y)

A simple gadget but makes life much easier, a Pan Strainer, saves using the pan lid and scalding yourself on the steam :LOL:

My Wok is the most useful thing I have in my kitchen :)

Probably my breadmaker. I love setting the timer for when I get up and fresh bread. Unbeatable :)

The microwave!

knives...... they are awesome

my nespresso machine - no 1 espresso's all the way

and a tagine and a wok.........

A simple gadget but makes life much easier, a Pan Strainer, saves using the pan lid and scalding yourself on the steam :LOL:

I now use a splatter guard for that purpose. Had a pan strainer for years, but was often getting my fingers blanched a bit too much for comfort.

My bread maker and coffee machines.

Good knives - not only for the kitchen - and that's about it. I prefer plain edge blades and a Lansky sharpening kit, or a stone.

Back