What are your go-to accessories?

As a Fuji user I always carry a couple of ready-charged spare batteries. :):)

First off and seriously - a little clip that attaches to the wide part of a camera strap and holds your lenscap. Then you are not distracted by wondering where you put the damn thing.
Also:
  • Spare batteries
  • A TTL flash cable that connects camera and flash hot shoes via a curly cable, so you can hold the flash off camera.
  • UV filters to protect your lenses (opions are divided on these, but I'm sometimes in dirty or sandy places and other times taking pictures at protests)
  • A lens brush and some of those disposable glasses cleaning wipes to get the grime off the filters..
  • A directional mic on a bracket attaching to the tripod thread, because they're just better than the built-on ones.
  • A little speaker that plays music from SD cards to provide test tones to sych several cameras when shooting video.
I didn't think I had many toys, but I looked in the big bag of cameras and found all that :)

PS: also a big and good quality power bank, and curly cable. If your camera will run from one such (many do) it can be a lifesaver.

Last edited:
If it is only the essential three, for me they are;
Circular Polarizer
Tripod
Remote Control/Intervalometer

The first two I wouldn't scrimp too much on, but savings can be made on a Remote Control/Intervalometer.

There are other things that are useful and makes things easier, like a comfortable camera strap. I have had a TP one from many years ago, which I think was an Op Tech strap with TP branding on. ;)
Extra batteries and memory cards.
ND filters.
An individual case for camera and walk around lens, for when I am generally toodling around a location with nothing in mind, travelling light.
A backpack to put it all in. I use a general purpose backpack, as I use it for other things too. And it is less conspicuous when out and about with £'s worth of camera gear. :)

A tripod and filters (polariser, NDs and GNDs) and a remote shutter release.

Oh and a kneeling/sitting pad - a wet bum is a friend to no-one.

Curious to know what the OP's intentions are with all this info. Care to divulge?

Binocular, I find the wildlife with them then work out how to get close for a photo.

Inflatable rock for foreground interest and a roll up jetty for lead in lines. (y)
I keep coming back to this thread, and that still makes me smile :giggle:

Peak design Capture clip is a recent purchase and having my camera quickly available as I walk to and from landscape locations is brilliant. A Midge net is another accessory that has got me shots I would have had to walk away from. Last is a good bag that will hold everything I need comfortably for a trip - no one bag covers everything so I own around 15 of them :D

Dave

Spare battery and card already in my camera bag, just in case I've forgotten both or either. It has happened to me before.

Back