Beginner What Bag?

Edit My Images
Yes
HI All,

Just bought another bag from Amazon that will be going back as it's not a good fit.

My Kit is Nikon D750, Tamron 24-70mm f2.8, Tamron 70-200mm f2.8, and a 50mm f1.8.

I'm looking for a bag that also has some storage for like suntan lotion, wallet, usb powerbank and some snacks when the kids are out with me.

I've tried the new fastpack 250aw (70-200 didn't fit well unless on body), A samsonite one which weighted more that me and a little no name bag.

Any Sugguestions ...

I use the lowpro 202aw sling daily and I find it really comfortable and fits a fair bit, not to much extra space for snacks and food, for this I use lowpro 400 aw11 plenty room in that (it’s back pack which I personally don’t find comfortable) , pics 202 (with D500, 105 macro,17-50 and 70-200, this has to be off body) and 400 with 70-200 for size comparison

I always go with Crumpler bags, they're absolutely fantastic. Colourful, durable and built like an Ox.

Look at some of the bigger messenger style bags, or they do plenty of backpacks too.

I bought a Lowepro protactic 450AW2, I used it as my carryon when I went to Australia, I took a gripped D810, and the Nikon holy trinity, plus a gitzo tripod, (I put the ball head in hull luggage) and hard case for batts and memory cards, there was plenty of space if you take time to pack, and the little hard turret opening part you can grab stuff you use a lot quickly, I love it.

I bought a Lowepro protactic 450AW2, I used it as my carryon when I went to Australia, I took a gripped D810, and the Nikon holy trinity, plus a gitzo tripod, (I put the ball head in hull luggage) and hard case for batts and memory cards, there was plenty of space if you take time to pack, and the little hard turret opening part you can grab stuff you use a lot quickly, I love it.

I looked at this, but according to the official sizes it would'nt fit within the Delta carry on size limit :(

Thinking of Ditching the 70-200 for the trip as not even sure if I would use it.

Have a look at ordinary rucksacks too. With a foam insert (available on the Bay but be very careful getting the the size correct) they can hold your gear and have plenty of spare room.

Dave

Plenty of choice if that's all the kit you have... the problem arises as soom as you attach something called a battery grip and suddenly a substantial number of bags are not deep enough.....

If you go out with the 70-200 but without the tripod, consider removing the collar/tripod-foot.

Whatever you buy, it will not be the last bag you buy....not by a longshot!

So many bags out there. As the photoshow is this weekend its the opportunity to see the largest array of bags you're likely to see anywhere in the UK in a single location

Back