What birds or bird have you seen today – communal thread, I hope!

Good to see you using a D7200 again (y)

You mastered that camera before but I bet it doesn't feel as nice now, after using the D500's focusing system? ;)

The difference in the D500's AF is clearly noticeable, it is very positive and responsive.
I like the IQ of the D7200, though none of these images show it to its best due to the light and circumstances e.g. the two Water Rails were at f8 to try to get a greater DOF but at 1/160 just couldn't cut it, similarly the Redwing at the back of the bushes was barely outside of the centre AF-point in the viewfinder so isn't a fair test.
The D500 will always win the AF competition hands down but for my type of photography the D7200 can give a much more pleasing IQ.
I've got a 200-500 f5.6 coming from Lenses4Hire today on a 12-day for the price of 3 xmas hire, so will be interested to see what both bodies can do with that lens. :)

How does that song go again?
2 Turtle collared doves....

Cd.jpg

And a pigeon in a pear Hazel tree

Pg.jpg

(terrible light, through the double glazing, besides, I could never resist a good pun :D )

Pigeon looks like I felt in yesterday's cold! :D
:D
Its not that warm here, today either!
Still. (s)he's just about emptied my feeding "trough" so I think (s)he'll be OK :D

What a lovely Robin image , well done Sir

Thanks, I took it a few days after the one on the previous page, in the same place (might even be the same bird!) Think it felt sorry for me:) Thing is I took it with my FZ200, if I'd had my G5 and 100-300 on me it wouldn't have even been there.:(

Last edited:
That look when you're standing in the taxi rank after a night out, 12 pints, 6 shots and a Donner kebab later............and your hubby i still in the pub..lol
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Haven't seen any birds here (Malta) bar sparrows and pigeons. Suffering withdrawal symptoms!

Back