What birds or bird have you seen today – communal thread, I hope!

Thanks Andy, if it hadn't been for the Stonechats, it would've turned into another wasted afternoon waiting for Shorties! :)

We had the exact same thing today! No show so did the stonechats and came home. Can't wait for spring and longer days ahead :)

Back to the gloom here and not much stirring except this little character :)

Pied Wagtail

Same. We went to Delamere for a nose first thing. Got a thing for trees at the mo :D. Saw my first ever Goldcrest :)

Went to Frodsham Marsh about 11 ish, talk about grey and no Shorties spotted at all. Stonechats & a million lapwing/godwit (too far to get anything)

Whilst out on the prowl for some seals, spotted this fella at the beach. I'm afraid it's not up to the standard of the other shots in this thread.

Of course it is (y) looks like a cracking couple of shots

I've started to look at my photos for me instead of always worrying what people will think... some pics I'd never show anyone but give me loads of pleasure when I look at them :)

Drive along the Antrim Coast Road yesterday turned up;
1 Red-throated diver
2 Great northern divers
20+ Curlew feeding in the fields
3 Buzzard
4 Razorbill
Numerous cormorant and shag

Then up the Inver river;
Bullfinch, great tits, coal tits, blue tits, wrens, goldcrests, long-tailed tits, grey heron, dipper, kingfisher, goldfinch.

Around the lagoon and Larne lough ;
200+ common teal
6 Goldeneye
15+ RB Mergansers
8 Little grebe
6 Greenshank
100+ Redshank
30+ Peewit
Kingfisher
100s of gulls

A beautiful flat calm morning filled with birdsong and great views of birds performing, feeding and preening. Roll on the spring.

Lovely shots Martin (y)

Thanks for all the likes and comment on my previous shots, much appreciated. (y)

Just a record shot of a Marsh harrier today, they never seem to come close enough. :(

Marsh harrier (record shot)
by GaseousClay1, on Flickr
I've said it before Martin, I think we should all be given a pat on the back 'cos it's not easy trying to capture a bird.
Landscapes, models and buildings don't move like a bird of whatever size..lol (even if you think it's stationary)

Not very good but I'll post it anyway. I usually wouldn't at this ISO (16000) lol.

From Sunday, there was a flock of 8 in my little village, which increased to 12 on Monday. Didn't see any yesterday but there's no sun forecast for the foreseeable and don't really want to grab any more in such drab conditions.

Waxwing by Wez Filtness, on Flickr

Another first for me a Greenfinch, been coming for the last couple of days in a little flock of 10 Goldfinches, 3 Bullfinches and this Greenfinch......Also,. it seems as if the regular garden Robin has found a partner and it's great watching them flirting/chasing each other around the garden. Wish this wet poor weather would finish!

Just some record shots for me, hopefully get some shots off the feeders soon.

A Greenfinch. by Swansea Jack, on Flickr

Oh, my turn now!........:) by Swansea Jack, on Flickr

Another first for me a Greenfinch, been coming for the last couple of days in a little flock of 10 Goldfinches, 3 Bullfinches and this Greenfinch......Also,. it seems as if the regular garden Robin has found a partner and it's great watching them flirting/chasing each other around the garden. Wish this wet poor weather would finish!

Just some record shots for me, hopefully get some shots off the feeders soon.

A Greenfinch. by Swansea Jack, on Flickr

Oh, my turn now!........:) by Swansea Jack, on Flickr

wow i didn't know the goldfinch wings looks like that when there open!

Couple of LTT shots.

CQ9A5311.jpg

#2 - composite of three shots bursted. Hopefully showing how fast they move about.

Hopping-along-the-branches.jpg

Back