What birds or bird have you seen today – communal thread, I hope!

Another Long-eared Owl shot of it hunting this evening.

Sadly, again, in very poor light, but at least its coming closer, just need some sun on it next time!

Not a heavy crop but I caught it flying out of frame bottom right :banghead:

LEO 3.jpg

One that didn't quite make the cut but pleased I got it with the lens hood resting on a bar and against the window glass :D

View attachment 98963

That's a super shot Roger, even the composition works with the water and all the droplets, well captured (y)

That's a super shot Roger, even the composition works with the water and all the droplets, well captured (y)
Thanks Phil, I was pleased with catching it and the composition but the image quality just isn't there unfortunately :)

Thanks Phil, I was pleased with catching it and the composition but the image quality just isn't there unfortunately :)

You 500 prime boys are never happy! :p :D

Lapwing on the moors around Pendle Hill - lots of aerobatic displays going on - usually over in the next field to where I was stood.

lapwing-8914.jpg

And a Curlew that flew past...

curlew-8867.jpg

There was also a big flock of Red (Should be Golden - dunno where red came from) Plover flying around, made quite an errie noise as they flew overhead...

Last edited:
There was also a big flock of Red Plover flying around, made quite an errie noise as they flew overhead...

Probably Golden Plover :)

Sorry you're right I did mean to type Golden Plover - dunno where the Red came from....

I've type a lot worse by accident! :D

I'm no big birder Geoff but we've had massive flocks round here, according to local birders, some 400 plus!

Last edited:
Thanks Phil, I did grab a few shots of the flock as they flew overhead and there's about 150 birds in each shot and that wasn't the whole flock, so a lot more in total. They did remind me of a Starling murmuration, but the noise was what caught my attention most - almost like a thrumming noise.

One that didn't quite make the cut
Thats a cracking image Roger (y)

The only thing that may improve it is to crop out the right had side ( of screen) 1/3 (y)

(Sorry :D )

Back