What cameras are you using?

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, I currently use a cannon 550d with Magic Lantern to do my videos, which have been posted in this section.

I'm thinking about upgrading next year, and really like the look of the Nikon D600 over the Canon 6d. I know there is the aperture control issue on the D600, but i dont see that being too much of an issue?

Does anyone else use Nikon DSLR for video?

Thanks,

D600 and d7000 aperture issue will appare toy be resolved in the next firmware update. Ridiculous oversight.

I mostly use dedicated small video cameras (xf305/ex3/c300 etc) for most stuff, but do sometimes shoot on d800 for certain types of web video or for some personal work.

I only have one video capable camera, and that's the D800.

If I was ONLY doing video though, I'd get a 5D MkIII. Up to ISO 1600 I actually prefer the Nikon, but after that, the Canon pulls away. At high ISO the 5D MkIII is streets ahead of my D800.

no.. I think it's old. I've shot video with both the D800 and 5D MkIII though - the Canon beats the Nikon... and I say this as a Nikon user. At lower ISOs though, there's nothing in it.

I was trying to get it accross that canon have much more video options as well as being able to use magic lantern, however I believe that generally both canon and nikon are equal in the photo department, canon lead slightly in the video departmen, infact i picked the totally wrong link ... this isn't the exact link i remember but it gets my point accross: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVBfI9Wnheg

edit: i think he is a bit biased towards canon looking at it again :/ maybe im being a bit ignorant

main problem imo with being Nikon but multiskilled operator is that all your glass is Nikon, so if you're gonna be renting C300 etc you either need to rent glass too, or have a novoflex adapter...

c300 does deserve at least the CP2s though

Last edited:
Back