What did Photography-Santa bring?

My wife bought me a Panasonic Lumix GX80 and a Hoya Pro Uv filter and among several presents from my secret santa was Gordon Laing’s book ‘In Camera’ :woot:

Last edited:
My partner bought me a Peak Designs strap while I paid £230 for a Panasonic TZ60 for her. Saw it in the Currys sale for £109 this morning.

I think it's called taking the p. Not best pleased. I can accept £20/30 less but not over a ton.

My partner bought me a Peak Designs strap while I paid £230 for a Panasonic TZ60 for her. Saw it in the Currys sale for £109 this morning.

I think it's called taking the p. Not best pleased. I can accept £20/30 less but not over a ton.

Not unusual, but very annoying, there again does it matter if the present was enjoyed by recipient and to a lesser extent the giver

We buy each other any expensive presents after Christmas, in the sales...though I need or want nothing photography related until the Ricoh GRiii comes out (if it ever does)

A pair of Seeland estate viibram wellies
For my birthday on boxing day the wife bought me a Panasonic 8-18 mm f2.8-4 lens

1001 photos you must see before you die book. It’s huge!

Also got a full kit of black and white development gear. Can’t wait to try my hand at that.

A Fuji X-T2, booster grip, spare batteries and the aforementioned book on Scotland [emoji106]

Santa’s sack was as deep as your pockets this year then [emoji23]

Reactions: nog
Nothing specifically photography related but I did get a very nice Accurist watch, which Wifey says will help me keep track of time when I'm out. Think there might be a subliminal there. :LOL:

As we went away for a holiday at Christmas the missus and I agreed that we wouldn't bother with buying each other presents this year. Amazingly when we got back home though Santa had been and left me a wonderful Sony FE 55mm F1.8 lens for my A7R2... How did Santa know that I was dreaming of getting one :)

The only problem now is that the missus has decided to retaliate and is at the Metro Centre as I type :(

Last edited:
Photography Santa brought me the same as Normal Santa.

Nothing.

I put it on the pile of nothings that I got for the past few years - maybe I'll get around to re-gifting it next year.

Same here - zilch. I am perfectly happy with that.

I cheated a little and, in November, bought myself a new Gimbal head for the Benbo mechanical octopus.
My wife and daughter collectively bought me a set of ND Filters, a wildlife book and £150 of LCE Vouchers.
Love them to bits.

I got "Heinrich Kuehn and his American Circle Alfred Stieglitz and Edward Steichen" and the Taschen book "Edward Weston". There were also three art related books that I consider are also appropriate for photography (but most here wouldn't :().

A mint condition Canon SureShot Supreme 35mm compact camera from the mid 1980s and close-up filter for my Ensign Selfix 820 folding camera. At less than £10 for the two it goes to show that you don't have to spend a fortune to have some useful and fun photography-related presents at Christmas. It certainly beat a pair of novelty socks or an orange and some walnuts as a stocking filler! :)

A new Carbon fibre Gimbal head and godox Xpro flash trigger :) Apparently ive been better behaved than i thought

Kids got me a couple of things off my Amazon wish list but next year when they ask I think I might give them a few tips instead of saying don`t worry. They know I like marmalade on my toast in the morning and have been known to have a whisky or two in the evening so when they saw some whisky flavoured marmalade they thought what a lovely stocking filler:eek: Got to admit have not been brave enough to open it yet.

I've got some Bacon Jam (yup, thats not a typo) in the cupboard for the same reason ...

Reactions: nog
A Wi-Fi adapter for my D3300 so I can transfer photos out and about to my iPad or Samsung S8! Much needed!

Nothing from Photo Santa for me:(

However New Year Santa did bring me some nice Bittern shots today:)

Seeing as my birthday is 3 days before Christmas , Santa (I mean me ) brought me a Fuji X-E3 and Fuji XF 50mm :)

Back