What did you get for Xmas?

Hire out paintball guns too.
She needs to be running around for customers to stay.

If people are queuing up to shoot you, I guess the profit is all mine :p

Yeah but it's folk on here, so they'll probably be a poor shot, due to the shaking their mockrage causes? ;) :D

Apple Watch was probably my biggest present.

I got the standard socks, vouchers and lynx body sprays from the oldies.

Still got nothing BUT we are having a very expensive holiday to the Carribean next year instead.

We are going to Barbados- Aruba-Cayman Islands- Jamaica- Amber cove- British Virgin Islands- St. Maarten- St Lucia- Dominica.

Far better than a pair of socks and a box of chocolates, not that I even got those

From me to me a Canon 5D3, Sigma150-600 'C', Canon 70-200 f2.8 II, Canon 16-35mm F4. SWMBO gave me a large amount of money so happy happy days.

Photography wise, I was given a Neewer back pack. a lens cleaning kit and a Hoya filter set for the lenses that I have. Mind you I was rather surprised at the amount of smellies I got, but then I was told by SWMBO - you are so difficult to buy presents for So along with a couple of pullovers, handkerchiefs, underwear - yes underwear - and socks, also came a presentation San Miguel set with a glass and a bottle of the famed "beer".

On the subject of whisky - yes I have spelt it correctly - my father is a retired Customs and Excise officer. When we had holidays in Scotland, we would make an official trip to two particular distilleries - the one at Aberfeldy and the other one in Pitlochry. In both visits - we were given a personal tour - I was told that the distilled whisky, which came out as a clear fluid, was then put into aged/used sherry barrels. This method then gave the whisky its particular flavour and colour which was unique to that particular brand. Admittedly I am talking about grain whisky here and not malt, which I understand undergoes a different process. The last time that I went to Pitlochry with my father was about 1970.

In about 1987, I revisited the distillery at Pitlochry and on the tour I was told again that they were still using aged/used sherry barrels to provide the colour and flavour of the whisky.
Whether or nor not they still use this method in 2016/17 remains to be seen, BUT that is how grain whisky was made back then. And the Pitlochry distillery actually produced whisky for Johnnie Walker.

David

Whether or nor not they still use this method in 2016/17 remains to be seen, BUT that is how grain whisky was made back then. And the Pitlochry distillery actually produced whisky for Johnnie Walker.

David

They do. :)

Caramel is used in pretty much any whisky to keep the colour the same for the brand.
So, the likes of Famous Grouse, Bells, Teachers etc.

It's not so necessary for malts and there tends to be more variation in colour, especially as you go up the price scale.
Main stream malts like Glenmorangie and Glenfiddich I suspect use caramel.

I worked in the trade for 26 years :)

Big and little stopper and filter holder...just need to work out how to use them...

'14 T100. Maybe. If I can't talk myself out of it!!!

Wrapped in cheese?

I guess you know not what a 27B/6 is? It's quite well known. I was expecting an appropriate come back.

Last edited:
I Googled it, hence the cheese reference.

I found a YouTube search finds the original use (film clip) quicker, as people/fans have hijacked the term in later years.

Last edited:
On laptop and Mrs Nod is watching a film so I can't hear the Brazil clip (if that's the right film!)

Brazil should be part of the school curriculum.

Good luck with your Russian tank.
smk_6.gif

Last edited:
British motorcycle rather than Russian tank, although I wouldn't say no to a T34 in mint condition (for what the Bonnie might cost me!)

I got a gary fong lightshere wedding kit. great bit of kit still learning, seconding at my nephew"s wedding.

The Road Past Mandalay (John Masters). Sequel to Bugles And A Tiger, and I've been meaning to read it again for years.

I got a gary fong lightshere wedding kit. great bit of kit still learning, seconding at my nephew"s wedding.
Get a gift receipt and swap it for something useful.

The Speedlighters Handbook is a good start, and a search of Gary Fong on any forum where wedding photographers hang out.

Get a gift receipt and swap it for something useful.

The Speedlighters Handbook is a good start, and a search of Gary Fong on any forum where wedding photographers hang out.
What would you suggest as an alternative Phil?

For personal reasons we didn't really do Christmas in this house this year, no decorations no presents really although my sisters and nephew did buy me a couple of little bits, that I wasn't expecting or had planned for :(

If I'm honest it was a fairly s*** time

Back