What do you have to do to an iPad before selling it ?

jbw

Edit My Images
No
Hi,
I own 2 iPads & Im going to sell one.
I want to know that if I reset the one I want to sell - will that somehow affect my other iPad + iPhone etc linked to the same apple account ?
Many thanks
James

You can wipe one device and it won't affect the others if they have the same apps etc on them.

Sync to iTunes and make sure any purchases on device are transfered to computer (or similar).

I don't know whether the factory reset also deauthorises the device as part of its wipe, but that's easy to check in iTunes.

Yeah, you want to de-authorise it from everything, iTunes, your Apple ID, Messages etc.

Don't forget to remove it from your devices on your apple account (can't remember if this is automatic) as it will still be linked to your account so the new owner won't be able to set it up

Very important to turn off "Find my iPad" from the device you are selling.

Yep, make sure you remove it from you icloud account. To double check log into icloud on the net and make sure it disappears from there otherwise the new owner won't be able to use it.

Settings > General > Erase All Content and Settings

You will need your unlock passcode, restrictions passcode (if set) and Apple ID password. You cannot erase an iOS device from Settings without turning off Find My iPhone/iPad first.

Back