What do you think of my editing skills? Another Attempt added

Matt Sayle

2017MSA Young Photographer of the Year(Motorsport)
Name
Matt Sayle
Edit My Images
Yes
Basically I wanted to get a shot of the 350z with the pudle reflection as I thoght it looked awesome. Only problem was the background. Ther was a car and a petrol pump so I had to get cloning. What do you think? Worth the 20 minutes or not?

Orginal
IMG_4963800x533.jpg

Attempt 1
attempt1800x533.jpg

Attempt 2
attemp2resize.jpg

Attempt 3
attemp3resize.jpg

Attempt 4
attemp4resize.jpg

Attempt 5
attemp5800x533.jpg

Attempt 6
attemp7res.jpg

Attempt 7
a9r.jpg

Final Article

a10.jpg

C and C

Thanks
Matt

Last edited:
Very well done, only miner crit would be the relection of the other car in the door, put thats just me being picky.

did you not like the wing mirror on the passengers side :shrug:

md(y)

I think you ps skills are better than mine!! Looks good at first glance, but I think your clone stamp is a bit repetitive, especially at the rear of the car. But you have to be looking closely to see. So all in all, yes, a very nice image. Personally, I would probably not have attempted it, but my ps skills are pants!!

did you not like the wing mirror on the passengers side :shrug:

Apparently, looking on the Nissan website, photos of this door mirror have tighter copyrigt control; he was doing the right thing.

;)

If you are going to address the reflection of the car on the door panel then you might think about the shadow of the car. Did you consider masking the car and putting it another background? Good job so far, I'd like to see how the image ends up.

If I were you I would use copy and paste instead of cloning where possible, there are a lot of cloning marks on the photo. JMO.

Jenny.

There's also a little bit of the Sierra's reflection in the water on the ground.

As everyone else has said, good job!

Looks like you caught the passenger side of the bonnet in a few places, but otherwise it's nicely done!

Thank you

I think you ps skills are better than mine!! Looks good at first glance, but I think your clone stamp is a bit repetitive, especially at the rear of the car. But you have to be looking closely to see. So all in all, yes, a very nice image. Personally, I would probably not have attempted it, but my ps skills are pants!!

Thank you very mcuh!

Apparently, looking on the Nissan website, photos of this door mirror have tighter copyrigt control; he was doing the right thing.

;)

;)

If you are going to address the reflection of the car on the door panel then you might think about the shadow of the car. Did you consider masking the car and putting it another background? Good job so far, I'd like to see how the image ends up.

THank you Russ,

If I were you I would use copy and paste instead of cloning where possible, there are a lot of cloning marks on the photo. JMO.

Jenny.

Thank you.

There's also a little bit of the Sierra's reflection in the water on the ground.

As everyone else has said, good job!

Thanks for pointing that out!

Thank you!

For me cropping is far too tight.

I liked it like that. Thank you!

Having "reflected":D on this - I agree, a little more space would be nice.

Oh dear!

Thank you!

Not a bad job young Jedhi and you have to start somewhere, but the repetitive cloning patterns are a give away as is the dodgy line of the bonnet and the edge of the screen. When you're cloning up against a line you want to preserve, like the line of the bonnet use a selective mask to clone up to and preserve the clean line. (y)

Not a bad job young Jedhi and you have to start somewhere, but the repetitive cloning patterns are a give away as is the dodgy line of the bonnet and the edge of the screen. When you're cloning up against a line you want to preserve, like the line of the bonnet use a selective mask to clone up to and preserve the clean line. (y)

Than you for the advice, wise master :)

for me Matt i think this needs a little more practice - you have done a way better done than i ever could and as said at first glance it looks good but it doesn't pass close inspection. That said my biggest complaint is the car looks like its at and odd angle, tilting forwards almost and may need a slight rotation.

Good work Matt, nicely done.

I have to agree with ^^^ all the above comments though (then again I am just a PS beginner so probably would have done a similar job).

:D(y):clap:

A much better job than I could have done, I suppose that's faint praise.;)

for me Matt i think this needs a little more practice - you have done a way better done than i ever could and as said at first glance it looks good but it doesn't pass close inspection. That said my biggest complaint is the car looks like its at and odd angle, tilting forwards almost and may need a slight rotation.

Thank you!!!

Will look into that!

Good work Matt, nicely done.

I have to agree with ^^^ all the above comments though (then again I am just a PS beginner so probably would have done a similar job).

:D(y):clap:

THank you Gary!!

A much better job than I could have done, I suppose that's faint praise.;)

Thank you Mike!

Nice try matt but as someone mentioned, the repetitive cloning gives it away. (same pattern in the bushes)

Plus the sierra is reflected in the puddle still and has not been cloned out!

Regards Mike

not to bad matt

no need to crop it to much..

here is a 5 min edit of your shot..

with the original you should be able to get it real good....

matt-sayle.jpg

md(y)

now tweak out the car in the reflection in the door and the front wing.

and your well on the way mate..

md(y)

oh and the white line coming out the back wheel..

Last edited:
Back