What do you think of my editing skills? Another Attempt added

Cloning is a skill you should really get a handle on, but don't go confusing it with photography or thinking it needs to be a regular part of your work flow. I do lots of stuff in restoration work I wouldn't dream of doing to my own images. Just 'cos you can do it doesn't mean you should. Sure, I'd clone out the odd minor distraction - perhaps the odd leaf or twig, but there's a point where you should really be biting the bullet - binning the shot and taking it again.

Any time spent in editing practice is time well spent though. Looking at the edits it looks like you used a selective mask to keep that bonnet line. Selective masks - now there's a really powerful tool which you can use to good effect in your shots and it's no different at all to dodging and burning with film printing.

Cloning is a skill you should really get a handle on, but don't go confusing it with photography or thinking it needs to be a regular part of your work flow. I do lots of stuff in restoration work I wouldn't dream of doing to my own images. Just 'cos you can do it doesn't mean you should. Sure, I'd clone out the odd minor distraction - perhaps the odd leaf or twig, but there's a point where you should really be biting the bullet - binning the shot and taking it again.

Any time spent in editing practice is time well spent though. Looking at the edits it looks like you used a selective mask to keep that bonnet line. Selective masks - now there's a really powerful tool which you can use to good effect in your shots and it's no different at all to dodging and burning with film printing.

i agree mate

matt has done very well here in the leaning of the tools..:naughty:

but if he could have got the shot right in the 1st place well ..how much time would that save,,

not always possible so he has learnt a good weapon today imo

ps skills are good (y) but right in camera is better.:clap:

md(y)

:nuts:

i hope i do not sound like someone who knows what they are on about :nuts:

md:nuts:

Well you sound like you're getting towards the edge of the rice paper. ;)

What_do_you_think_of_my_editing_skills%3F_7th_Attempt_added_-_Page_2_-_Talk_Photography-20081109-014644.jpg

and the bumper kris:naughty:

very nice edit..

md(y)

Been following this thread with newbie style interest. Good feedback given and well received. I've learned a lot from it. Thanks to all.

Matt have just looking through at your new attempts your getting much better at this :)

Thank you!!

Been following this thread with newbie style interest. Good feedback given and well received. I've learned a lot from it. Thanks to all.

I am glad I created somethng useful :)

Hi matt, looks great, but one issue I can see is the vertical reflection in the puddle, just behind rear wheel, it doesn't match with anything in shot.

Just my opinion :)

otherwise Very good

Its looking good, you've come along way but the one bit that makes the edit look obvious is the bush you've cloned in down the right hand side down the front bumper. There was an edit a few pages back by someone else, that didnt have this and it made their edit look more believeable.

Regards, James

Sorry to drag this up from the murky depths of TPF but I got given a project in college today about photoshop and I have to majorly edit 6 images and write about them. This is going to be one of them :D All that effort has paid off :woot:

Nice job Matt, its a way of saving those images with the bad background. You've done a good job.

Back