What film made you laugh out loud

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
Comedy is my favourite film genre. I'm looking for some good films to watch, so what film made you laugh out loud?

Withnail and I

Not strictly a comedy I know but nevertheless ...

Another vote for The Life of Brian, especially when Pilate discusses his friend Biggus Dickus.
The Naked Gun
Airplane
For older movies, The Marx Brothers in Duck Soup and Horse Feathers still have me laughing out loud.

I p**s myself laughing when the credits start on Life Of Brian. 'Er indoors just doesn't understand.......

rocket man

The Cannonball Run is brilliant if watched just after taking some, ahem, 'smoked medication' !!

Charlie Chaplin, played some 1915 clips to the kids who were wetting themselves!
Worlds End - Best opening 20 or so mins of any film
Freddie got Fingered - Think I am the only one who likes it
Life of Brian
Most Carry Ons and On the Buses movies

Who you gonna call.

National Lampoons animal house, belushi's speech "when the going gets tough..........." still cracks me up

Blues brothers

Can you guess I like Belushi :) I read once that slimer in Ghostbusters was Aykroyds tribute to Belushi :)

Stir Crazy

Three amigos

The big Lebowski

Some like it hot

Groundhog day

Last edited:
Hot Fuzz
Shaun of the Dead
The World's End
Paul

All of these for me too, Simon Pegg & Nick Frost just come across as a couple of normal blokes which for me is part of the appeal of their films. The stand out scenes for me are the fight in the Winchester when he's got a dart hanging out of his head and they're bashing the zombie with the pool cues in time to "don't stop me know" and in The World's End in the final scene "Why don't you get back in you spaceship and f... off back to lego land you .....", for me that is one of the funniest lines I've ever heard!

More recently I watched Kingman: Secret Service and there were a few LOL moments for me.

All of these for me too, Simon Pegg & Nick Frost just come across as a couple of normal blokes which for me is part of the appeal of their films

Indeed

and in The World's End in the final scene "Why don't you get back in you spaceship and f... off back to lego land you .....", for me that is one of the funniest lines I've ever heard!

Yes, that did crack me up somewhat. World's End didn't seem to go down as well as Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead but I love t. Must have watched it about half a dozen times and could watch it again right now if I wasn't working.

Lots of old ones but the most recent one's are The Interview and This is the End. Some cracking humour in both :)

Airplane. Gets funnier every time I watch it because I know what gags are coming and when. Almost know the script by heart these days.

Big lebowski
Alan partridge
Withnail and i
What we do in the shadows
Anchorman (the first one the second was s***)
Happy go lucky

Last edited:
A great film if you can find it is 'Kenny'

I second this, well worth a watch.

Watched Vacation the other day, few laugh out moments. Not as good as the original though. Ice Age 3 always cracks me up too, Buck should have his own film. Also Caddyshack.

Stupid science fiction mostly...

Graeme Willy
: How come I can understand you? Are you using some neural language router?
Paul: Actually I'm speaking English you f*****g idiot!
Or
Graeme Willy: Are you gonna probe us?
Paul: *Why* does everyone always assume that? What am I doing? Am I harvesting farts? How much can I learn from an ass?

Harry Block: I'm no biologist, but how many cells do single-celled organisms have?
Ira Kane: Harry, if we're going to be big important scientists you have to start to act the part.
Or
Ira Kane: Yeah. It's not breaking, it's splitting. It's mitosis. That's how they reproduce!
Harry Block: No sex?
Ira Kane: No time for sex.
Nadine: Bummer.

Stupid science fiction mostly...

Graeme Willy
: How come I can understand you? Are you using some neural language router?
Paul: Actually I'm speaking English you f*****g idiot!
Or
Graeme Willy: Are you gonna probe us?
Paul: *Why* does everyone always assume that? What am I doing? Am I harvesting farts? How much can I learn from an ass?

Harry Block: I'm no biologist, but how many cells do single-celled organisms have?
Ira Kane: Harry, if we're going to be big important scientists you have to start to act the part.
Or
Ira Kane: Yeah. It's not breaking, it's splitting. It's mitosis. That's how they reproduce!
Harry Block: No sex?
Ira Kane: No time for sex.
Nadine: Bummer.

Love Evolution!

Well a few to look into. Hopefully there will be a few more suggestions. Thanks all.

Hobson's Choice. Old....Black n White.
A different sort of humour but very funny nonetheless.

Lots of good comedy films out there a lot have been named already but my all time personal favourite is " the court jester" with Danny Kaye very very closely followed by the tear inducing black comedy " weekend at bernies 2. "

Airplane. Gets funnier every time I watch it because I know what gags are coming and when. Almost know the script by heart these days.

Surely you can't be serious?

Back