What film made you laugh out loud

Naked Gun
Airplane
Gene Wilder \ Richard Prior films, Stir Crazy the best for me.
The Inbetweeners if you like that sort of humour.
Life of Brian and the Holy Grail
Trading Places
Police Academy
American Pie
Austin Powers
Wedding Crashers
White Chicks
The Hangover
Dodgeball
Roadtrip
Shaun of the dead
21 jump Street (and 22)
40- year old virgin
Swingers
Young Frankenstein
There's something about Mary
Some like it hot
Withnail and I
Bringing up baby
Always like Laurel and Hardy movies also

I'm going t add my vote for life of Brian as well. Brian is a mummy's boy who has a crush on a girl who is part of the People's frount of Judea (have i got it right?) and is mistaken for the Messiah. It was blasphemous to some, but the Pythons replied that Christ was not the subject, but rather religion. Highlights are when Brian is pursued up a mountain and in desperation yells "I'm not the Messiah!! Now F off!!

stunned silence until someone asks "Master, how do we F off?"`

Pontius Pilate can't roll his "r"s - "He ranks very high in Rome"

Carry on up the Khyber has the dreaded Third foot and mouth - the devils in Skirts - or rather what Scotsmen wear - or do not wear- under their kilts
Don't lose your Head is a parody of the scarlet Pimpernel - or rather the Black Fingernail

Naked gun 2 1/2 full of gags such as "Congratulations, Edna's pregnant" "Yes, and if I find the man responsible..."
"Do you know that due to you this city is now overrun by baboons?" "Isn 't that the fault of the voters?"

I'd also nominate Rentadik a bungling detective agency. Armitage chemicals have produces a nerve gas which induces temprorary paralysis, the Japanese secret service led by Madame Greenfly want to get hold of the formula, so Armitage turns to the Upton detective agency Major Upton does , not realise that his no1 is running circles round him. Add Armitage's wife is a Swedish nympho played by Julie Ege (who gives a fleeting glimpse of tit) and simpleton Miles Gannet

and Up the Chastity Belt, Up Pompeii brought forward to medieval Britain. Lurkalot the serf master Sir Coward de Custard of Custard Castle, Custard in the Wold
Lurkalot was brought up in a pigsty- until it was realised he was not a pig
He travels to the holy Land only to find that the Crusaders in fact are holding an orgy rather that fighting a bloody battle with the Saracens
and on his return, he encounters Robin Hood and his merry....men. Hugh Paddick camping it up

Last edited:
Life of Brian
Airplane
Naked Gun
The man with 2 Brains
All of me
There's something about Mary
Hott Fuzz
Caddyshack

Just to name a few off the top of my head :)

There are many, some of which have already been mentioned, but one that springs to mind is "Meet The Parents". It always cracks me up. :D

of the other carry On films, the best have to include Cowboy and Screaming

Mel Brooks Blazing Saddles - the baked bean sequence, and Brooks plays the part of Govenor LePetomane, Madeline Kahn as Lilli von Stupp (the teutonic titwillow (sending up Marlene Detriech)

High Anxiety, a tribute to Hitchcock He's framed for murder and is attacked while phoning his girlfriend who thinks sh'se receiving a kinky phone call - heavy breathing. not forgetting nurse Diesel

I haven't seen mention of 'Borat', 'Team America', or 'The Dictator'.

Young Frankenstein is, however, my favourite. I hope to get the tribute tattoos complete someday.

I haven't seen mention of 'Borat', 'Team America', or 'The Dictator'.

Young Frankenstein is, however, my favourite. I hope to get the tribute tattoos complete someday.

Agree with Borat, though at the same time it made me feel so uncomfortable!

Agree with Borat, though at the same time it made me feel so uncomfortable!
Only the bit where the big bloke was naked on top of him with his bits dangling in his face. I don't think I would have written that scene for myself.

The Interview is very very funny as well.

Only the bit where the big bloke was naked on top of him with his bits dangling in his face. I don't think I would have written that scene for myself.

The Interview is very very funny as well.

The bit that got me was the dinner party when he brought his bag of s*** down from upstairs.

Blue Juice
City slickers 1 & 2
The dish
Grumpy old men
Grumpier old men
What we did on our holidays
Any of the ealing comedies
The st trinians films (old ones)
The early carry ons, teacher, constable, sergeant, nurse.
Quartet was good
A walk in the woods has hilarious moments as well especially Katz's adventures with Beluah.

Re Uncle Buck:

Many years ago my niece turned up at my mothers house soaking wet from head to foot, my parents where out and I tied microwaving her socks to dry them, it didn't work, stunk the kitchen out with her cheesy foot smell then melted and stuck to the turntable... boy did I get in trouble!

Back