What flashes to go with my 1dxmkii

Name
Gordon
Edit My Images
Yes
I am going to Florida in March and am staying in a friends villa free in return for a set of internal/extnal pictures.
I currently have one canon speedlight 420EX but suspect I will need extra flashguns to get an even spead of light.
I will be using a 1DXmk2 and a 17 - 40 lens. I also have wider lenses if needed.
I do not normally have a great need for multiple fashes so do not want to pay more than I need to and am happy with S/H.
I have looked at the speedlight 430ii on ebay and they going for a reasonable price. Will these do the job, is one 420EX + one 430ii enough and will I need any other kit to fire the flash remotely?
Any and all suggestions appreciated.
Most of the rooms are around 18 x 15 ft or less and all have widows.

Another vote for Yongnuo and they have syncing built in so you shiouldn't need separate triggers etc. they should fire off your Canon speedlight - although I have only used Yongnuos so have never tried.

Thanks for the heads up re Yongnuo Sirch & Chris Heathcote, any particular model?

Thanks for the heads up re Yongnuo Sirch & Chris Heathcote, any particular model?
Depends what you're after, I have the YN600's which have built in wireless and ettl (a cheaper version of the canon 600rt). For manual only the YN560iv gets good feedback, the YN565 includes ettl but doesn't have HSS, YN568 has both ettl & HSS, the YN600 has built in radio triggers as well as ettl & HSS. Hope this helps

Thats a help thank you. I think I'll give the YN600's a go, they seem reasonably priced.

J
Depends what you're after, I have the YN600's which have built in wireless and ettl (a cheaper version of the canon 600rt). For manual only the YN560iv gets good feedback, the YN565 includes ettl but doesn't have HSS, YN568 has both ettl & HSS, the YN600 has built in radio triggers as well as ettl & HSS. Hope this helps
just looking for a Yongnuo flash to go with some triggers that's a big help with details of different models and capabilities just hope I pick the right model to work with my Fuji X as well as my Canons
Thanks Chris (y)

Back