What Free software for burning images to disc

Name
Graeme
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm having difficulty burning images to cd, I'm running windows vista and when I burn a large amount of images to DVD it falls over occasionally, I putting it down to bug ridden vista, so is they any good free software out there which is easy to use and robust that some could recommend?

Think you will find the link is for a free 'lite' version.

Ashampoo works for me, Nero needs a diet!

I used to use Ashampoo until I started getting coasters so went with Imgburn.

Ashampoo here too. Nice and easy to use and some good features without the bloat

StarBurn here...

google cdburnerxp free burning software burns data,music,iso images works fine for me

Another Plus 1 for ImgBurn, great little tool and has never failed and killed any disk, which is more than i can say for many other programs.

Just downloaded imgburn, and I've had a quick play and to me it looks like software to create image disc to boot from etc... Which leads me to think that my original post/question has been misunderstood, all I want to do it burn some pictures I've taken to a DVD as there are about 400, when I use the feature in windows my computer don't like it for some reason.. So I'm after some small robust software... Just to add I've just updated my firmware for my DVD rw drive.

Last edited:
Imgburn does offer the facility to create images, but it will do what you want.

If Imgburn has started up in 'Ez-mode picker' (the one with the pictures of discs), you just need to click on 'Write files/folders to disc', or select 'Mode - Build' from the menu, then use the icons down the side of the source window to pick the files/folders you want, put a blank disc in and click the build button.

Last edited:
f1charlie said:
Imgburn does offer the facility to create images, but it will do what you want.

If Imgburn has started up in 'Ez-mode picker' (the one with the pictures of discs), you just need to click on 'Write files/folders to disc', or select 'Mode - Build' from the menu, then use the icons down the side of the source window to pick the files/folders you want, put a blank disc in and click the build button.

I'll have another go later cheers

Imgburn is great if you are having problems burning lots of small files, which can cause buffer underruns.
You can use imgburn to burn a load of files like a normal cd/dvd burner, or it can make an iso image of the disc, which can be burnt afterwards or at a later date.
I think the only thing it wont do is burn audio Cd's.

Imgburn will do audio cds. You just need to choose make a cue file first then burn that as an image.

Back