Beginner What free software to edit HD video? (Windows 10)

Name
Clint
Edit My Images
Yes
I was asked at short notice to film a church service. I am a photographer so they automatically assumed have DSLR can film. Filmed in HD 25fps IPB. (Canon) using inbuilt mics. I had one on a tripod recording throughout (just stop start re 29min59) and the other hand held for different angles.
What I want to do is edit parts of the two videos whilst keeping the soundtrack of the singing and readings. Some clips are overly orange (accidentally changed the WB) so can that be reduced? I may need to make the sound a bit louder for some clips. Finally I want to put it on a dvd and memory stick. (Mpeg2 and not sure which for the memory stick)

I don’t want anything overly complicated to use and learn. :help:
Thanks

Last edited:
Take a look at Da Vinci Resolve here. Grab the free version and it'll do what you ask.

You can correct your colours, stabilise some of that hand held footage along with adjusting the sounds.

I'd convert the final output to USB as you'll get a much better resolution and quality over archaic DVD. Output MP4 H264 1080p. Most TVs will be simply plug and play with the USB.

Happy editing!

if you have a Mac or access to one, iMovie is straightforward & easy to use... basically drag & drop which includes music or sounds.

I was looking at free software and realised they are good, but they are free so will be lacking in features somewhere, so took advantage of Vegas softwares discount and bought the whole package for £59.99 which gives you 6 full software packages in one, including Magix audio suite.

In the end, a friend of mine edited the footage on his Vegas software, the home edition one.

I use adobe elements premier,, should be a free download trial on the adobe site

I edit with Adobe Premier CC but over the last four months, I have been using DavVinci Resolve for colour correcting, as it is the choice of Colourists. It's free to download, and that should give you a very powerful editing software.

Back