fracster

I love BRASH and BRASH loves me
Suspended / Banned
Name
Ade
Edit My Images
Yes
Other than on old camera.....:)

I have done a little research, but could do with some help please.

ADE_1787.jpg

ADE_1788.jpg

ADE_1789.jpg

ADE_1790.jpg

ADE_1791.jpg

ADE_1792.jpg

It's beautiful and much sought after in the world of MF lovers. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it?

It's beautiful and much sought after in the world of MF lovers. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it?

Thanks, not sure I want to divulge the price I paid for it TBH.

I`m thinking of giving it to my Uncle,he recently lost his wife and I thought it may cheer him up a bit.

Do you know what the thing in the bottom image is please?

Looks like a rangefinder attachment for accurate focusing.

I used to sell those for around £200 a while back

Looks like a rangefinder attachment for accurate focusing.

I used to sell those for around £200 a while back

Thanks for that, the original handbook is on its way,I think i`m going to need it.......:thinking:

Thanks, not sure I want to divulge the price I paid for it TBH.

I`m thinking of giving it to my Uncle,he recently lost his wife and I thought it may cheer him up a bit.

As chivers says it's a waist level finder that attaches to a accessory shoe, pretty redundant on a camera with a waist level finder already but a nice bit of kit, more info here http://www.cameraquest.com/kuhn.htm

It also looks like you have the 35mm adapter for it, the Rolleikin, another nice addition to the kit. Again, more info can be found here Rolleikin
Certainly if your uncle has an interest in old film cameras there's plenty of enjoyment to be had from such an iconic TLR, I hope he enjoys it.

Just for your information the last 2 Flexameters that sold on ebay went for £16.99 and £51.00.

it's an old rolleiflex 120 twin lens reflex camera, model K7D. August 1955- Sept 1956, the seperate thingy in picture 3 looks like a focusfinder and the remainder of the attachments look like close up filters of various sorts. Providing that the camera is in full working order and the lens is clear of fungus (a common trait if camera has been stored for years) then I think around £80 -150 is a decent price to pay.
Nice find! Run a film through it!!

Thanks for the help all.........(y)

Gets better, he has found this stuff as well and just dropped them off........(y)

ADE_1797.jpg

ADE_1798.jpg

ADE_1800.jpg

ADE_1801.jpg

Just stunning Fracster, I love all this old camera stuff. They didn't just make some generic soft bag like they do now. Everyting made to fit perfectly.

Just stunning Fracster, I love all this old camera stuff. They didn't just make some generic soft bag like they do now. Everyting made to fit perfectly.

Nick, the case that the filters are in is a superbly well made bit of kit,they fit super snug in the clasps.

We just get a cheapo plastic case and a bit of foam now.............Old git mode off.....:LOL:

I used one of these when I did photography at school. Fantastic camera. Get some film and have a play.

I will do Dave, I need to get some serious reading and learning done first,my uncle will show me the ropes,he used similar cameras for years some time ago.

What a great looking camera. I want to pick up some old cameras just for the way they look.

What a great looking camera. I want to pick up some old cameras just for the way they look.

It really is a lovely ,old,well made thing Darren. I`m quite chuffed with it.........:)

HMMM!!! Very nice

I have just picked up the Yashica 124G which basically was a copy of the Rolleiflexs.

They are simply great cameras to use.

That was my second new Rollei.
I had a Rolliecord Va first, then The one you show. Later followed by most of the other models. The Tessar lens on that one was better than previous models.

The flexameter was designed for the Leica not the rolleiflex. They are usually in reasonable condition as no one actually used them.

I bought this camera from fractser and I absolutely love it, however the shutter is gummed up. It did trigger a couple of times out of about 20 shots, but otherwise, the iris is not opening and closing as it should. As you'd expect with a camera of this age and probably with many years without use, the shutter mechanism is probably stuck with dirt.

I think it is worth getting fixed up, but not sure who I should take it to that would do a proper job to get it up and running again. I've done a search and some guys on APUG recommended http://sendeancameras.co.uk/index.htm which is convenient as they're based in London. Anyone here had any experience with them? Any other recommendations?

I bought this camera from fractser and I absolutely love it, however the shutter is gummed up.? ..............Any other recommendations?

....."link"............
and
The Classic camera repair Forum.................."here"

Back