What have you done with your camera today

Took some self portraits to update our website... and I must say, I hate photos of myself, I feel like a complete and utter tit

It seemed a nice sunny day yesterday (Wednesday), so I thought it might be my last proper chance to get some Autumn shots........got to the park and the sky suddenly became overcast.
*Waves fist at sky*

Fitted a Matin Neoprene Joint Strap, the shaped one, to mine, feels comfy so far. Looking forward to getting out with it at the weekend and finding out if it's as comfortable as they say it is.

I saw a tiny snail in the garden earlier so I took a few shots with my macro lens.

Wow! Ooo, would love to see the results.
15495153167_489f375e2d.jpg

15060414564_3d899d78cd.jpg

15505659077_a5a3f93702.jpg

15505657567_354b4bcbfe.jpg

With this:

15494421719_07b959c9e7.jpg

Assignment work for college, shoot strangers :)

I went to the park this morning to practice a bit more with my 10-22mm lens. I still haven't checked the images but I am quite excited to see the results.

I met up with @bastic in Greenwich (my first meeting with a TPer!) for a pint and a stroll as he wanted to try my D750.

He has a beard you could hide a badger in! Lovely man.

Popped over to a house build I am involved with to do pictures of the inside of the loft room now it is weatherproof but unfinished internally. Used my EOS M with an EF-S 10-18mm for the wide shots and the EF-M 22mm pancake for the dormer detail. Going back tomorrow when the windows go in. Shell will be weatherproof in time for the colder and potentially wetter weather. Hopefully the staircases will be in soon. The EOS M is an easy choice when using the ladders to do the internals.

Last edited:
Attempted to shoot my new X100 whilst riding a Barclay's bike through Hyde Park.

hmmm.

Received some 16mm split rings that I ordered from ebay. Turns out it's cheaper to buy a pack of 20 than to buy 2. Anyone need a few 16mm split rings?

Also put the XP1 with 23mm lens in the bag to take into that London tonight. Haven't had an opportunity to give the lens a run-out since buying it so I can't wait to get going :D

Also put the XP1 with 23mm lens in the bag to take into that London tonight. Haven't had an opportunity to give the lens a run-out since buying it so I can't wait to get going :D

An XPro1 at a film meet!! Quelle horreur!!! :runaway::runaway::runaway:

An XPro1 at a film meet!! Quelle horreur!!! :runaway::runaway::runaway:

Well, it was that or wait an age for each shot, as Nick proved! Got a few pictures I'm reasonably happy with, though I was mainly there to see the poppies before the installation is dismantled. And I'm happy to report that I love that 23mm lens, maybe a little more than my 35mm as it's that little bit more flexible :D

Did you discover it was already lost or did you have it the day before and now can't find it? Or did you physically lose it, as in drop it down a drain or lost it in a bet, or something? We need to know these things.

Last edited:
Did you discover it was already lost or did you have it the day before and now can't find it? Or did you physically lose it, as in drop it down a drain or lost it in a bet, or something? We need to know these things.

You lost me!!!

Wearing out the battery on my E-M5 on my 9 day old baby girl...cant stop taking pictures of her.

Yesterday, really, took my Pentax MX to the Kenilworth Castle fireworks display, and shot off a roll of Agfa Vista 400, 1 second at f/4. Meant to do some bracketing and even try a double exposure, but I couldn't see any of the camera controls, so just stuck with what I'd set up! Of course, it will be some time until I see the results, if any!

Turns out the dog walked off with it and buried it under her dog bed, nice one, no chew marks though so all good

XJ220 by Daniel 'Dele' Drury, on Flickr

Left it at home but always have a compact in my car. Shame we took Mrs Nod's car instead of mine. Even more of a shame that we watched a minidrama unfold that would have made a great set of snaps! Never mind, we watched it with the Mk 1 eyeballs we were born with, albeit with some supplementary lenses in between!

Took our 14 month down to the local national trust property for some autumn shots as he has only started to walk in the last week.

I went into the city to shoot Street + dusk + mixed light + black and white high ISO. And discovered it was quite tough. The people and the lighting were never in the right place at the same time. And I was running around with no idea how to go about it.
Quite amusing. I think I need to get a bit of practice. And discover the good locations.

Last edited:
I was flying my camera around the local field today, putting the finishing touches on my flying platform

:)

Bought it! Just picked up a Fuji X-30. Set it up and now waiting for the battery to charge before having a proper play. Expecting results all but identical to the X-20's files but with better handling.

Drove to Aldeburgh with it and then decided to leave it in the car as it was pouring with rain. Motivation to take photos in the rain is zero. Real shame.

Combined two passions, come to think of it, three. Photography, computing and beer, not necessarily in that order...

20141122-8N2A1520-2 by Mr Seahorse, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back