What Is It?

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
It's a crap shot cos he was racing around and wouldn't keep still, but does anyone know what it is? :confused:

Bug.jpg

Looks like an Aphid but Im probably wrong.

I don't think it's an Aphid, he's quite big -close on half an inch long - a beetle of some sort I'd have thought. I've scoured Google but can't find any hint of his lineage. :)

I tried to get him still in a corner and he was reared up on his hind legs in "If you think you're 'ard enough" mode. :D

It's not very nice whatever it is :eek1:

Where was it CT?

A weritable fount of knowledge you are Spencer! I just confirmed the accuracy of your identification on Google.

Thank you. :cool:

Steve said:
It's not very nice whatever it is :eek1:

Where was it CT?

It was on the kitchen window ledge... came in from the garden. I wonder if it's him who's chewing bits out of the plants? Full napalm attack due I think. :)

CT said:
A weritable fount of knowledge you are Spencer! I just confirmed the accuracy of your identification on Google.

Thank you. :cool:

No worries, glad to help.

This a fact noted by my friends too. (usually with a tone of distinct annoyance and long sufferance)

However, none of it is strictly useful in the real world. I am the don of pub quizzes though ;)

whitewash said:
"his names bol weevil check him out"

Such a shame they split up:(

:thumb:

Looks a bit like the uber-ticks we used to dig out of ourselves in Cyprus. About the size of my little finger-nail and hard as hell to dislodge. I had one burrow into the back of my head once and I could feel/hear the crunching as it chewed away - not pleasant.
Medic had to dig it out with a scalpel - "Ohh.." he says, "it might leave a scar if I do that.." I swore and swore and swore at him until he got on with it.
I mean it's not as if I don't have a few scars as it is, plus the fact that any surgical 'enhancement' to my bonce, however badly done can only ever be an improvement...

Pfffft, that should have been burnt out with a ciggie and no more said about it!

With domestic ticks I'd agree, but these things were like raptors...

Back