What lens for macro pics for a nikon D60 ?

Edit My Images
Yes
Ok
I have a new Nikon D60 with the normal kit lens.
I am just getting into this photography lark now and think i want to go macro as i love the detail in close up and find this very interesting

So, is it a macro lens i need ?
If so what one would fit, ive seen a Sigma 70-300mm F4- 5.6 DG Macro lens for a decent price but would this be ok ?

Thanks

Sigma have a habit of labeling any lens they can with the "macro" tag, but most aren't true macro, you'd be far better of with a dedicated macro lens.

It really depends on your budget, no point in suggesting you go looking at a Nikon 105 VR, if you have a budget of,say, £100 ;)

Most folks do manual focus for macro, so you could get an old macro for about £50 and just mess around. Look for a 55mm micro Nikkor - it'll be manual everything but optically superb.

or just get a set of marcro adaptors for your kit lens off of Fleabay, a lot cheaper if you just want to try macro photography

or just get a set of marcro adaptors for your kit lens off of Fleabay, a lot cheaper if you just want to try macro photography

Or Raynox. There's a few good picture out there with the Raynox 250 (and the other few).

I have one, it's great.

Back