What lens next?

Edit My Images
No
I am off to the states in a couple of weeks. I may have the opportunity to get a new lens at a sensible price. Not sure what to go for next. You can see from my Sig what i have all ready. I'll either want something to replace or compliment the 18-55 Canon or a wide angle lens. I know it's a bit of a general question but I want to know where to start looking.

depnding on your budget if it's wideangle the canon 17-40 is one of the best value of the L glass. The new 24-105 looks like a great walkabout lens as well but not quite as wide obviously.

The tamron 17-35 is supposed to be a great wideangle at a more sensible price

With a 300D body don't forget you also have the EF-S options as long as you're not planning to buy a Series 1 body any time soon.

I have the EF-S 17 -85mm which with IS is a great general purpose lens.

Wide angle
A bit cheaper than the Canon EF-S 10-22 --> Sigma 10-20mm

or

Canon EF-S 17-85 IS

:)

I wouldn't be without my 50mm f/1.8....so if you can get cheaper maybe the f/1.4 ?

Digital SPG said:
Hmmm, quite like the look of the Sigma 10-20mm. Is anyone using this lens with the 300D?

Petemc is using it on his 20D which is subject to the same 1.6x crop factor as the 300D, if that's why you're asking. He posted a nice set of photos taken with it recently. One sec and I'll find the link.

Just what I needed to see. Thanks for that!! I'll start doing a bit more research. All depends on how cheap the lens is stateside though.

I'd be tempted with this 24-70mm looking at what you have already.

new-lens.gif

Nicley fills the gap!

Liberalis said:
I'd be tempted with this 24-70mm looking at what you have already.

new-lens.gif

Nicley fills the gap!

A top drawer lens in any ones book..

DJW said:
I wouldn't be without my 50mm f/1.8....so if you can get cheaper maybe the f/1.4 ?

My 50mm f1.8 arrives tommorrow after a long wait! :banana:
Next on the list is a 2x teleconvertor for the 75-300

Digital SPG said:
I am off to the states in a couple of weeks. I may have the opportunity to get a new lens at a sensible price. Not sure what to go for next. You can see from my Sig what i have all ready. I'll either want something to replace or compliment the 18-55 Canon or a wide angle lens. I know it's a bit of a general question but I want to know where to start looking.

Dont discount Amazon.com !!!

Check their prices and compare to others, they are pretty keen ;)

Back