What Lens ?????

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
I will be doing Portrait & weddings, do I choose Canon EF 24-105mm or 17-55

Canon 450D is my Camera

What lens do you currently use for such shots? What is your most used focal range? That should steer you to your answer. :)

OK, which focal lengths on those lenses do you use the most?

you could consider the EFS 17-85 which will go a bit wider, and also has a decent zoom range. I just picked one up second hand for about 200 and I am really pleased with it.

Are you talking about the EF-S 17-55 f2.8 IS? If so, it's a truely awesome lens with excellent low light capability compared to the 24-105 f4. There are a lot of wedding togs who say that you need as fast glass as possible. Definately a vote for the 17-55 from me.

No Brainer for me: 24-105. Stunning L Lens - and will cope light wise - as long as you are careful. Length variance will give you a good image flexability - particularly as you are on a crop sensor.

Rog

24-105mm - far better range. Just bump the ISO up a stop if the you need it; it won't kill anyone...

Is that the entire range from 18-55 or is that the 18-55 lens you use most?
ie do you shoot more at 55mm than at 18mm. do you ever shoot at 18mm.
These are things that can help determine which lens is right for you.

Is that the entire range from 18-55 or is that the 18-55 lens you use most?
ie do you shoot more at 55mm than at 18mm. do you ever shoot at 18mm.
These are things that can help determine which lens is right for you.

Im still a newbie to this but I would say more at 55mm

you can look at the exif info for you old shots and see what you use a lot, there's a program that looks at exif info and makes a graph of focal lengths but I cant remember what its called atm

Back