What New Gear Have You Purchased This Week?

Name
Ivan
Edit My Images
Yes
I don't see a thread for our newly purchased camera Gear, so thought I'd post this.

This thread is to post a picture of your nearly acquired shiny camera gear, any thing camera related that you have just purchased this week :)

I'll start.

Nikon 50mm f1.8g from Wex

907433006a7fc5e5f9d4e4d7b20ff76d.JPG

If you feel like sharing, Please add a picture of your new toy/s

Last edited:
Since I'm managing to control my GAS, zero. Nada. Zilch! I do have a little monocular on order though - should be in by the end of the week.

New (s/hand) Canon battery for my 5D

A spanking new canon 5d mk3 & canon 24-105 F4 L IS :)

Brought from hdew cameras

New (s/hand) Canon battery for my 5D

New (s/hand) sigma 150-500, and a gimbal head

A spanking new canon 5d mk3 & canon 24-105 F4 L IS :)

Brought from hdew cameras

Q Strap. So far. lol.

A lovely Redsnapper Tripod + ball head, a few Cokin ND filters + holder and a nice Goretex Pro winter jacket (must stop browsing online!).
(y) Now lets see some pics :clap:

I finally bit the bullet and bought a Sigma 35 f1.4 off here last week. I need to tune it in and go play!

Having decided to have a major change of kit I pulled the trigger on a Fuji X100S yesterday. I'm now really looking forward to learning how this little beauty ticks and adjusting my style to suit a fixed FL lens.

i have been trying to get a 150-500 sig or 50-500 all week and keep getting out bid arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr stop it guys your making me cry with all this talk of new gear lol

The lack of pictures of this lovely new shiny gear is depressing guys :crying:

Haven't got my sticky mitts on my new Fuji yet. It should be here tomorrow, so pics may be possible after that. :)

70-210mm, x2 TC and extention tubes. All for under £30 :D

Not bought nothing since March when I bought a 135L :)

'Good Morning Sweetheart' [Explored] by Lee|Ratters, on Flickr

'Good Evening Sweetheart' [Explored] by Lee|Ratters, on Flickr

I had to sell my 85/1.8 & Sigma 70-200/2.8 to pay for it though!!

There's not much I fancy adding in all honesty kit wise. I wouldn't mind a decent filter kit but get by with what I have & I occasionally have thoughts of swapping the 50/1.4 out for a 35mm but that's about it.

I also don't consider myself to have GAS :)

Just bought a photographer's mat in anticipation of lots of lying in the mud at the side of the local gravel pit once the winter migrants arrive, and also a battery grip off here which I will pick up from the post office tomorrow, as I really struggle to take photos in portrait format when lying down, and since I seem to be photographing lots of small dogs at present I am really looking forward to those extra controls.

I've just got a footprint leather strap today. It looks and feels really nice and goes well with my X-E1. I got the black strap with green string.

Absolute bargain, you must be well happy with them (y)

Yes.

The 70-210mm turned out to be a push pull zoom and as I've never used one before and didn't like it too much I rang the dealer and asked if I could swap it for another lens, a twist zoom, costing a bit more and pay the difference.

The dealer said I could just pick any lens I wanted and he'd swap it, no charge! Which shocked me! :D

All of the items are in as new condition and even though the cases for the TC and tubes must be years old they too look new.

I got a 900w 3 light studio lighting setup today, wasn't a massively expensive one though, complete with softboxes, umbrellas and radio triggers. It'll go very well with my backdrop that I got a while ago. Just need to persuade one of the kids to move out to convert their room into a studio now lol.

Last week I ordered a Vanguard hard case to store all my gear away and that should be here next week. It's been quite a busy period for gear acquisition after getting a 70D and battery grip towards the end of August for my birthday. Can't wait till christmas to see what Santa can fit in his sack lol.

This week? I'm glad you asked.

Canon 600
Canon 500
Canon 400/2.8
Canon 400 DO
Canon 300/2.8
Canon 200-400
Nikon 600
Nikon 500
Nikon 400/2.8
Half a dozen assorted 70-200s
And about twenty others

This week? I'm glad you asked.

Canon 600
Canon 500
Canon 400/2.8
Canon 400 DO
Canon 300/2.8
Canon 200-400
Nikon 600
Nikon 500
Nikon 400/2.8
Half a dozen assorted 70-200s
And about twenty others

Now that deserves a pic or two surely :love:

A WCL-X100 wide angle conversion lens for my Fuji x100 that I have fallen in love with all over again....after 6 months apart.

"it's a f****n anti-aircraft gun, Vincent!" comes to mind! :LOL: What is it that we're looking at here? :)

Back