What New Gear Have You Purchased This Week?

I have picked up a couple of toys in the last week or so... an IXUS 500 which is my first compact for a while but was an irresistible deal and also an EOS M with kit lens.

9807993185_cf3945368d_b.jpg

Canon 70D + 18-135mm STM kit lens

I was thinking of selling everything I have to get a 70D and get a lens for Christmas for it, it's the only way I could afford it :D.

Looks a great camera and that AF looks great in movies (y)

A Lee 0.3 ND filter. All I need is the 1.2 ND (£134!) and I have a full set. :naughty:

Adding it all up it comes to roughly £700 not including the Big Stopper, the upgraded holder kit, the wide angle adapter rings, a 10 filter holder, a 3 filter holder and a gorgeous 105mm Heliopan CPL I purchased earlier in the year! :wacky:

Andy

I was thinking of selling everything I have to get a 70D and get a lens for Christmas for it, it's the only way I could afford it :D.

Looks a great camera and that AF looks great in movies (y)

It is a great camera and well worth getting hold of one. I've got an 18-135 IS, not STM, which works very well and my 70-200 f2.8L IS II is breathtaking when it's on the camera. I've tried the 40mm f2.8 STM lens on it to try the video features and it's fantastic.

Just noticed you're in Lincolnshire, I live in Branston about 3 miles from Lincoln and if you want to arrange a visit for a trial just PM me and let me know. I'm available most days.

Last edited:
It is a great camera and well worth getting hold of one. I've got an 18-135 IS, not STM, which works very well and my 70-200 f2.8L IS II is breathtaking when it's on the camera. I've tried the 40mm f2.8 STM lens on it to try the video features and it's fantastic.

Just noticed you're in Lincolnshire, I live in Branston about 3 miles from Lincoln and if you want to arrange a visit for a trial just PM me and let me know. I'm available most days.

That's a really kind offer, thanks, I would have to decline though as the misses would kill me, she thinks I am nuts now spending on new lens and such stuff.

Another purchase for me today, 5d mk3 field guide by charlotte k lowie, looks a very good read, also got a canon 50mm 1.8 coming tomorrow :)

Kerry

Not sure if a 24" wide set of panoramic prints count but that's all I've got coming (apart from a monocular which should be in tomorrow or Saturday.)

A refurbished Fujinon 55-200 mm arrived yesterday. And returned today as it distinctly clonked when zooming through 135mm.

Oh and a cable release. That works perfectly.

A refurbished Fujinon 55-200 mm arrived yesterday. And returned today as it distinctly clonked when zooming through 135mm.

Oh and a cable release. That works perfectly.

Just got the 55-200 today new and no clunking. :)

The lack of pictures of this lovely new shiny gear is depressing guys :crying:

X100S fresh in on Wednesday. Not had much chance to play with it yet, but initial impressions are very good. Hopefully the weekend will bring good weather and the opportunity to get out and take some pics.

Crappy photo I know, as this is now my only camera apart from my phone!

X100S_zps21c2ac19.jpg

Joined and paid subs to my local camera club, not really 'gear' but still a good photographic investment :)

secondhand but minty Sony 35mm F1.4 G arrived today all the way from Florida

stock photo:
Sony-SAL-35F14G-Wide-Angle-35mm-f-14G-Autofocus-Lens.jpg

nothing for the camera but 2 more soft boxes and a couple of backdrops for something we are working on but not particularly exciting!

50mm 1.8D, Photozone insist it's sharper than my Siggy macro when stopped down, yet my previous one lay unused because I considered it the worst 50mm made, going to try another one and see if things have improved on the S5.

Also an F70 body, dopey me thought I'd spotted a cheap D70 and snapped it up sharp - uh, no, it was an expensive F70! :thumbsdown::bonk:

I am also planning on a spending splurge this week on a long lens and a standard zoom! (y)

This thread is to post a picture of your nearly acquired shiny camera gear, any thing camera related that you have just purchased this week :)

Please add a picture of your new toy/s

Guys, I look here and find no pictures:thinking: :puke:

Raynox DCR250 for me and a Gorillapod DSLR Zoom for my lad - both from classifieds on here:)
Now have to stop spending!

Sony NEX 7, Nex 16mm pancake 2.8, sony fish eye nex adapter, sony superwide angle nex adapter, CCTV 35mm 1.7 for nex

Set of cheap ND and Grad filters from Amazon so I can give them before I invest in a set of Lee Filters or Cokin ones.

I got a new bag!!!
banana.gif

Bag_020.jpg

How girlie is that!?

In my defence, it came as a free gift with this Crumpler 7500 yesterday...
Bag_001.jpg

Inside view...
Bag_010.jpg

Impression so far is, that it's a very nice bag. Haven't tested it in the field yet, but have already realized, it should be 5 cm wider...

Is that bag #9 I see in the horizon?
rolleyes.gif

Oh! and got this thingy!
Strap_001.jpg

Already painted the white logo and trimmed the surplus ends... :D
Strap_005.jpg

Mounted and ready to go...
Strap_010.jpg

Meike MK-14EXT E-TTL Macro Ring Flash fantastic value and build my first true macro flash for less than £100

New Lens 16-35 F2.8 :) Many people (and many reviews) said get the 17-40 but I really wanted the 2.8 option.

IMG_8682_web_zps0572a00d.jpg

IMG_8695_web_zps11b92008.jpg

Back