What New Gear Have You Purchased This Week?

YN568EX_N_a640.jpg

Will probably get 2 more. I like having spares.

Bought a Canon 6D on Monday

Returned a Canon 6D on Wednesday

I have to say, I am very disappointed that you guys cannot provide a real picture of your gear :plus1: to the one's that have, this is a photography forum after all :wacky:, it's pointless to go to google and grab one, you may as well not bother at all.

Last edited:
When i read the thread title i didn't realise we had to get creative and take a picture of what we had just purchased. In my case, its just a flash for my camera, its not very interesting and i'd rather spend my time doing other things than taking a poxy picture of it.. Actually, i think you hit the nail in the head, i shouldn't have bothered posting at all.

Last edited:
I have to say, I am very disappointed that you guys cannot provide a real picture of your gear :plus1: to the one's that have, this is a photography forum after all :wacky:, it's pointless to go to google and grab one, you may as well not bother at all.

So when a person buys a camera, and it's the only camera they have, how do they take pictures of said camera without another camera???

And when did it become ok for posters to make rules for how other posters post? :nono:

Last edited:
Canon GX1 from a from the canon sale section happppppy

So when a person buys a camera, and it's the only camera they have, how do they take pictures of said camera without another camera???

And when did it become ok for posters to make rules for how other posters post? :nono:
Use a mirror? Camera phone? Borrow a camera?

Just how have I made a rule here? it's just my opinion, you can of course disagree with it.

*cough* from the opening post! :whistle:
...This thread is to post a picture of your nearly acquired shiny camera gear, any thing camera related that you have just purchased this week :)

TaaDaah!
Pic21.jpg

thankyou.gif

I've bought a small tilt head, a small monopod and a fishermans waist holder for the butt of a rod. I'd post a pic but its hard to be in two places at the same time.

Last edited:
Just picked up a used Minolta 70-300 on ebay for £31 delivered. :)

Not a 'great' lens but not too bad either.

Wait a minute... there are people with only one camera...??? What do you spend the rest of your money on...??? Next you'll be telling me that there are some people with only one lens...

Today parcel farce delivered a nice new Nikon D7100 body and a Nikon DX 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR zoom. These finally replace my Sony DSC-R1. All I need now is the SD card, that was ordered from a different source.
You will love the 16-85mm lens, and on a 7100, you can't go wrong.

Canon EF40mf2.8 STM 'Pancake'
only just arrived so no pics until i've cleaned the windows and vacuumed!
Good deal too, £144 plus free delivery (next day too!!) from Askdirect, and i'll be getting £50 cashback from Canon too! :canon:

Good deal too, £144 plus free delivery (next day too!!) from Askdirect, and i'll be getting £50 cashback from Canon too! :canon:

I bought one last night, same price from Amazon. I also bought a 430EXII so £100 cashback makes it ~£230 for both. Not bad!

Good deal too, £144 plus free delivery (next day too!!) from Askdirect, and i'll be getting £50 cashback from Canon too!

It's only £25 cashback.

200dba7bcad95d539d39ca2f5b29c11f_zps219f2201.jpg

I bought a Sony DSC-RX10. I'm hoping for some reasonable weather over the next couple of days so I can try it.

rx10.jpg

Dave1
I had an email from Canon stating i am eligible for double the cashback on certain products. the EF40mm being one of two lenses in the double cashback offer.
Have you claimed cashback from Canon before? if so, you might get the same email. (y)

Dave1
I had an email from Canon stating i am eligible for double the cashback on certain products. the EF40mm being one of two lenses in the double cashback offer.
Have you claimed cashback from Canon before? if so, you might get the same email. (y)

Interesting mate, they can't like me as much ;). I'm only waiting for £50 from them for my EOS M kit. It's tracking to be paid on the 18th :).

No cashback on the 22mm f2.0 :(.

Last edited:
That's strange!
Got the email back on the 13th Nov.
This will be my fourth cashback claim, may be due to the number of claims you've made??

I can only think of 3 or 4 claims going back around 4, maybe 5 years as well. Maybe just luck of the draw?

Or they just didn't want to give me £100 cashback on the EOS M ;).

Sigma APO 300mm f/4 telemacro for Canon... sadly only seems to work at f/4 on my 7D.

Yeah, found it for a bargain price so thought I'd give it a try, some of them have been 'rechipped' to be fully compatible with newer DSLRs.

Ooops. Just bought another lens for my Pentax Auto 110... ;-)

Now got a 50mm & 24mm for it, motor winder, flash & cases for it. Can't wait for the film to arrive...

Hopefully there's a used Canon EOS 600D on its way to go with a 10-20 mm courtesy of Tesco Boost, oh and some Polaroid extension tubes from evilbay. :)

Back