What New Gear Have You Purchased This Week?

Just had Pixel TW-282 RF remote delivered from Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pixel-TW-28...8&qid=1385128595&sr=8-3&keywords=pixel+tw-282. Looking to use it for low and very low light situations but because of it's flexibility I might even use it in a multiple of situations, bring on my rest days next week.

Thanks to the original photographer for his shots of this product.

TW28201.jpg

TW28203.jpg

A 2nd Fujifilm XF-1, this one in black to match the car it's to live in (so I've always got a decent camera close, even if I forget to take one!) Getting a tan case on Monday so the cases match the contents.

I bought a secondhand Nikon 85mm f/3.5 DX VR yesterday, waiting for it to stop raining to go out and try it.

Panasonic GX1 with kit lens for only £140 new from Tesco Direct (sold out now).

A great upgrade from my Olympus E-PL1, and hopefully with little cost once I've sold the Olympus.

Im adding the following.

Canon 35mm F1.4L
Canon 50mm F1.8
B+W 72mm Polarised filter
Stofen Diffuser

I have on order a divider case for my Vanguard 53f supreme hard case I don't/didn't like the pick and pluck foam it came with. Also I have really pushed the boat out and bought a rear LCD cover for my D300.

A small lowepro case for my little boys camera
And a lastolite on flash soft box

Nice girly strap for new Fuji X-E2. Really comfy neoprene backed, and can be unclipped if needed.

....Yes, that wouldn't give a very manly impression if your name was Donald. Very pretty.

The zip on my perfectly serviceable red leather wallet (man purse) broke recently and I checked out a local charity shop and found a perfect size very fine leather wallet in black for 50p. But it had a pink Scottie dog on it so I removed it when I got home. Every time I get out my wallet the girlies swoon and ask me if it's a Radley! Radleys cost about £70! I still would have removed the pink doggie logo though.

Got a Pk - X mount adaptor from the recesses of the internet, thought it was a bit expensive but couldn't really find any alternatives ( for under 60 squid) so spent the 18 pounds on it but turns out its all metal!! So pretty pleased!! and fits nice and snug on the camera no rattle. . . is the same size as the fuji 18mm f2 lens tho :p

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/b_rosendale_imaging/11750211456/player/4ee1b76920" height="333" width="500" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>
iframe>[IMG]

Last edited:
Yesterday I bought the third Canon L lens I have bought from TP's Classifieds. This time, a Canon 400mm f5.6 L USM.

I missed getting this lens when it was first offered for sale a few weeks ago but the seller offered to have it back with a refund when that purchaser complained about a couple of extremely minor cosmetic marks and a non existent dust spot, coincidentally (or not! methinks) after insisting it was delivered before a shoot date. Funny how the complaint wasn't made until after that shoot date but well after it was received.

Due to the good nature of the seller, negative feedback wasn't given. If it was me it would have been a different story! I'm not naming names - They know who they are.

Anyway, all is well which ends well and the seller got a very fast and easy sale from me and I guess that lens always had my name on it. So far, very good, but shocking light both yesterday and today for a 400 unless it's a DO version which cost thousands.

Last edited:
Nikon 50mm 1.8d from the classifieds and just preordered a set of the new Lencarta Elite Pro 2's :banana:

It's been an exciting week
M to nex helicoid adapter, R to M adapter and MD to M adapter

Minolta MC 35mm f1.8 Rokkor HH
It's a big lens but superb and sharp wide open and nearly 50 years old!

Lastolite ezybox speedlight softbox
And my wife didnt even notice it sat on the side for a few days even though its in its bright blue case

interested to see how you get on with it. I love my 17-50 VC but am thinking about chopping it in for the 17-70

Fuji X-E2 withe the 18-55 kit lens. Battery charging right now!

Well I wasn't a member when I purchased my new toys,so I hope you can give me a little grace.

On Boxing day I bought a mint condition used Sigma 150-500 lens.
So then I had to buy a body to fit it. So next up was a brand spanking new Canon 60D.
Now I just need to learn to use them.;)

Today i am going out to try the new gear... Got a Manfrotto 410 geared head and Lee filters to try out and a new pair of Macwet gloves to replace my lost pair..

Velbon Ultra Rexi L tripod + QHD-53D ballhead. For the small amount of time I use a tripod, I really couldn't justify anything more expensive. I must say I'm quite impressed with the build quality and how sturdy it is; it comfortably holds my 5D3 + 24-105L, which is probably the most weight I'll ever put on it.

Velbon Ultra Rexi L tripod + QHD-53D ballhead. For the small amount of time I use a tripod, I really couldn't justify anything more expensive. I must say I'm quite impressed with the build quality and how sturdy it is; it comfortably holds my 5D3 + 24-105L, which is probably the most weight I'll ever put on it.

Nice little tripod that :cool:

Back