What profile to use ?

G

Gary Fife

I have just calibrated my monitor using Spyder.
My question is what profile do I use in photoshop?

Spyder software says to use it's profile, but I am intending to use DSCL for printing. I am unsure as what profile to use as the colors are different from each other.

Or should I just stick to ADOBE RGB?

Hope someone can clarify this for me as my thought is use the printers profile but need to ask this noob question to be sure before I buy prints.

Thanks

Photoshop detects the monitor profile automatically.

The image uses a working space, not a profile, normally that should be sRGB.

The printer profile is used for "proofing" - checking how the image will look when printed.

Okay in photoshop I have set my working space to= SRGB, and my colour management policies to = convert to working RGB.

The when I bring an image into photoshop I change the profile to the Fuji printers profile (one from printlab) then edit image till it looks good, then save with rgb profile?

I think I have it, thanks for help and sorry for noob questions.

I would stick with SRGB.

SRGB is the industry standard and I guess your printers will be printing using that. Adobe RGB compresses the colours in the theory that more are recorded and so thereare more to bring out during printing.

However if you do not go through the process of bringing them out, and your printers probably won't then the colours on your prints will appear dull.

In photoshop under color settings for colour management policies, I can only choose 'RGB' SRGB does not appear to be there to select.

I have also setup the proof view within photoshop using some online help.

are you pc based - try pressing shift, control and K or go to edit,colour settings and select it there

Back