What sports are YOU shooting this weekend?

M

meatcandy89

Hopefully pending some talks with Thatto Crusaders i may be shooting them this weekend.

What do you all have instore?

hopefully this will become a nice sticky post. unless there is a reason that people wouldnt want to disclose where they are shooting for some reasons?

Nowt. Having a weekend off with the OH!

3 RL games on Saturday

Ovenden v Askham, do 30 minutes there then whizz over to St Helens Langtree Park for England Knights v Ireland then straight after England v The Exiles.

Hoping to get my D3S and 400mm f/2.8 back before then or its another weekend shooting a Gripped D700 with 1.4x and 70-200mm

Last edited:
Weekends here are Thursday & Friday.

Tomorrow I'm off to the middle of the desert to shoot some natural arch formations in mountains. Leaving in a few hours and aiming to be back late tomorrow (y)

It's been weeks, if not months, since I've been out in the desert shooting ... so looking forward to this.

Football tournament Sat & Sun working for Snapzz.

gary you'll be right near me at langtree park :) can vertually see it from me house!

Sounds like there's lots going on this weekend!

gary you'll be right near me at langtree park :) can vertually see it from me house!

Sounds like there's lots going on this weekend!

With the lack of cladding you will be able see in it too I suspect :LOL:

See you there Gary, Hope weather keeps up but its not give good for Saturday

With the lack of cladding you will be able see in it too I suspect :LOL:

See you there Gary, Hope weather keeps up but its not give good for Saturday
Ill have my bag with me if you want a closer look to see if its something which would suit you, looks like ill be stuck with the D700 and 70-200, new aperture lock switch fitted and all working fine with the 400 so not as expensive as first thought so i asked them to give it a full service and overhaul, they said its mechanically as new and doesnt need anything replacing but sent it direct to Nikon on Tuesday for an adjustment only they are set up to do, a bit miffed as they never said they were sending it to Nikon and its now in Nikons waiting line, still a slim chance i might get it back Saturday morning.

D3S serviced and no problems indicated.

What kind of pass is needed to shoot games such as knights/ireland gary? as its not a super league game do you just need the license from a paper or magazine or something?

I've got an agency job covering a 10k in Glasgow on Sunday. I'm guessing about 5000 runners.....

Hope they aint asked for head shots of everyone of them :LOL:

Never shot a run before and the biggest in my area goes past less than 100 mts from my front door every year

Hope they aint asked for head shots of everyone of them :LOL:

Never shot a run before and the biggest in my area goes past less than 100 mts from my front door every year

It's a bit like most other stuff. Long periods of tedious boredom followed by short burst of panic as 30 arrive together in a pack! :)

They'll be wanting full length shots of as many as we can manage. There will be 4 of us shooting, so we should get most runners. Once they start coming I don't expect there will be many gaps.
Focus click, focus click, focus click, ad infinitum....

Hopefully going to gigrin farm at rhayader and see the red kite feeding station

Sounds good to me. Hope you get some good weater!!

Thanks mate and me, wanted to go this weekend just gone but didnt like the look of the weather.

Going to silverstone for the F1 in a couple of weeks, think there will be quite a few of us on here wanting good weather for that!

Charity ball on Saturday, Humber Bridge half marathon Sunday, British Solo Ice Dance Championships Mon-Fri, Football tournament Sat & Sun. Quiet week really! :shrug: :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I wish I had enough work to say I was having a quiet week...

I've got my first rugby game in nearly a month on Sunday, Doncaster v Gateshead. Should be an interesting one to say the least.

Cricket if it doesnt rain on Saturday, still got to get those shots for the local paper and a football tournament on Sunday.

football tournament friday daytime with 15 schools... superleague rugby friday night... olympic torch pics sat morning... two cricket matches sat afternoon... one cricket match sunday followed by american football 4pm- 6pm ... then home for a well earned drink .. Apart from the rugby-going on spec.... all the above commisioned and will also go on my website for bonus sales :)

ohhh olympic torch is about, I hear someone old and bald is carrying it past old trafford at a stupid time in the morning may go get some shots of that.

I hear someone old and bald is carrying it past old trafford at a stupid time in the morning.

Nope I have not been invited to carry the torch...:bonk:

Ok then how about - follicly challenged...

Bald men are sexy.

You ask any bald man and he will tell you so....

When we did it Rob, you did keep your hat on....:LOL:

American Football on Sunday, Berkshire Renegades at Sussex Thunder

Friday night: Sheffield Eagles v York City Knights
Saturday: Stanningley v Milford Marlins
Sunday: Huddersfield Giants v London Broncos

Both my jobs cancelled. S*d it might have to do some ironing....

Back