What to do

Name
Jeff
Edit My Images
No
Thinking about getting a action cam for a forthcoming holiday ,never done movies before and not sure about editing I have a I.mac but noticed that I.movies is getting a terrible slating ,I also have Lightroom and photoshop cc .
I don't expect it to be easy but is there easily learnt way out of it .wont be making lengthy vids just short clips I think

Going for a cheaper clone to start with ,see how I like it thinking of a DB ex5000 with wi.fi

If you are new to movies I'd give iMovie a try. I haven't used it since 2010 so can't comment on the latest versions, as I tend to use it's big brother. But you have to start somewhere and if you simply want put a simple movie together it's a reasonable place to start Plus it's free/

i thought i was going to have to buy i-movie as i couldn't find it on my mac ,but my lad went through it last night and found it again .ordered the action cam this morning so should be here tues .i know its not going to be go-pro quality but if i take to it i also have the 80D to play with and thats supposed to be superb on video .i have also looked into PS.CC tutorials

changed my mind on the purchase at the last minute and bought a victsing wi-fi one came in at sub £50 on amazon and it arrived this morning ,spent a hour or so unpacking and testing out with my sons help ,(who has the go-pro) and to be honest i,m quite impressed need a few extras no to go with it i.e decent micro sd card ,floaty handle ,and selfie stick and i'm set for my holidays .
only done a few minutes clip indoors but i can't fault the i.q it even comes with a interchangeable back door for the case with open slots for better sound quality when not in water.i can see me getting into this in time

changed my mind on the purchase at the last minute and bought a victsing wi-fi one came in at sub £50 on amazon and it arrived this morning ,spent a hour or so unpacking and testing out with my sons help ,(who has the go-pro) and to be honest i,m quite impressed need a few extras no to go with it i.e decent micro sd card ,floaty handle ,and selfie stick and i'm set for my holidays .
only done a few minutes clip indoors but i can't fault the i.q it even comes with a interchangeable back door for the case with open slots for better sound quality when not in water.i can see me getting into this in time

You'll be after a motorised gimbal soon.

I'd recommend installing Blackmagic Davinci resolve V12 while it's still free. The free version has more than enough tools for the amateur, and it's basic functions are pretty easy to use.

It started out as a professional colour grading software, and they've built it up into a fully fledged video editor.
So if you get used to the basic editing functions now, in the future you'll be able to delve into colour grading etc., using protune for a GoPro, and picture styles for DSLR, without having to make a switch to a different software at a later date.

I can't see it remaining a virtually fully functional free software download for long.

Back