What to look for in a 35mm camera?

Thank you very much for making me have to put my Moderators Hat on at 8:15 on a sunday morning :(

am I right in that you've not been here long enough to use the classifieds yet... If so, trying to buy a camera in a thread that one of the staff has already replied to and is following is NOT the brightest of moves...

presumably you emailed him back to say you couldn't sell to him outside of the classifieds on here ?? Because any other reply would not be a good one to make.

@TheBigYin My sincerest apologies, I wasn't aware of any rules being broken being new to the forum. I will duly take a step back from the offer and wait until I am able to use the classifieds. Again my apologies, I certainly wasn't trying to circumvent the rules and hope it didn't come across as doing so.

Normally, you would have to be thrashed to within an inch of your life, but a week longer without a film camera is punishment enough.

Normally, you would have to be thrashed to within an inch of your life, but a week longer without a film camera is punishment enough.

@simon ess A week longer? Ha! I've just scored an Asahi Pentax K1000 with three lenses and a doubler kit for The princely sum of £110 hopefully that wasn't too much? It looks in great condition and was sold as fully working so fingers crossed! I'm very excited now, my film photography journey starts here, I bet time goes really slowly whilst I'm waiting for it to turn up.

@TheBigYin My sincerest apologies, I wasn't aware of any rules being broken being new to the forum. I will duly take a step back from the offer and wait until I am able to use the classifieds. Again my apologies, I certainly wasn't trying to circumvent the rules and hope it didn't come across as doing so.

No Harm, No foul...

I've just scored an Asahi Pentax K1000 with three lenses and a doubler kit for The princely sum of £110 hopefully that wasn't too much? It looks in great condition and was sold as fully working so fingers crossed! I'm very excited now, my film photography journey starts here, I bet time goes really slowly whilst I'm waiting for it to turn up.

Looks like you're sorted out anyway :)

Welcome to the Film Madhouse.

Back