What will be your next photography related purchase? Or what photography gear do you lust after?

Long way off but I want a jet pack.

Imagine the ability to get up really high places at a moments notice, or more importantly get down from in the dark, without having to treck for hours.

You know the feeling, you are out and about, a good colourful sky begins to develop but you want to be at a vantage point 3k or even 10k feet higher and it's going to take too long to hike up. Nor do you don't want to spend your night up there though in a tent, and spend the whole day prior getting there and the next morning getting back. This is the answer.

Places like the Himalayas, High Alps, etc would be much easier to shoot, with less damage to their environment with ugly hiking trails cut into them (I am looking firmly at you Dolomites).

I will own one of these before I die.

Last edited:
A battery grip and a couple of extra batteries for my Fuji XT4 if I can find some decent 3rd party ones. Reluctant to pay £60 for a single battery.

Just received the benro tripod i ordered from SRS. For a first tripod didn’t want to spend loads til i get used to using one and find out what suits but this was a discounted exdisplay model so was great value.

Just received the benro tripod i ordered from SRS. For a first tripod didn’t want to spend loads til i get used to using one and find out what suits but this was a discounted exdisplay model so was great value.
Love my Benro. What model did you go for?

I'm after some more memory cards and some external storage. I've got a very old 500 GB portable drive and really should grab a couple more 1tb drives to create additional back ups (open to suggestions here). Also sd cards for the cameras. Got a couple of the Lexar 300 32 GB ones a few weeks ago from Amazon for £33 each, but ideally should have a couple more spares...

I'm still yet to purchase my home set up (it's all in my Amazon basket) a godox trigger and still hankering after a 70-200 f2.8 :-/

Last edited:

Benro Mach3 TMA38CL Carbon Fibre Tripod together with the Benro GD3WH Precision Geared Head

The tripod is out of stock at Wex. Tweeted them about when it'll be in stock again, but doubt I'll get a reply. The head is in stock, but don't just want to buy it separately.

I bought a GoPro Hero 10 camera late last year intended to record me fishing (when my licences arrive), may need an alternate power supply instead of just a USB.

Last edited:
600mm Nikon lens

Seriously considering the Tamron 17-28 f2.8. Don’t need it, but have gas, and nothing as wide as that in my current kit.

I’m weighing up if I want to buy a Sony 200-600.
I know it’s an awesome lens but it’s not the sort of lens you use that often o_O

I had a birthday recently so I've been thinking what I could buy myself as a little prezzie but I can't think of anything.

Maybe I should sit and read this thread from page 1 and see if I get inspired.

To my surprise I came across the original Samyang 50 f1.4 FE on Amazon for just under £300 so grabbed a copy last week. AF is better than I remembered, rendering really nice.

Sony 20mm 1.8, have only got a 50mm at the moment and want something wider - was going to go for the Samyang 18mm 2.8 - however was put off by someone mentioning for trying out Astro that there was a world of difference in 2.8 - 1.8, so will have to keep saving I think

The 50mm I have is a Zeiss Planar 1.4, anyone think this would be any good for Astro? Nearest recommended dark sky area from me is 25miles each way - so don’t really fancy a trip out of I am only going to get poor results

Sony 20mm 1.8, have only got a 50mm at the moment and want something wider - was going to go for the Samyang 18mm 2.8 - however was put off by someone mentioning for trying out Astro that there was a world of difference in 2.8 - 1.8, so will have to keep saving I think

The 50mm I have is a Zeiss Planar 1.4, anyone think this would be any good for Astro? Nearest recommended dark sky area from me is 25miles each way - so don’t really fancy a trip out of I am only going to get poor results

50mm will be fine in a way. But you aren't going to get a wide field of view and your shutter speed will be limited to.... maybe 8 seconds before star trailing which in turn will push your iso up.

What an adventure though.... Left home about 2pm on a Saturday with my boy. Drove down to Corfe Castle - through Wareham Forest too, that was beautiful & I wouldn't mind returning there! Climbed the hill, chilled out for a bit, watched the sunset, grabbed a few images. Back down to the car, cooked some food, set the car up for sleeping in. Drove to Lulworth, walked down to the Cove & just caught Orion dropping behind the cliff! Back to the car, grabbed a few hours sleep. Woke by my mate who drove down during the night, got up & hiked over to Man o War Bay where we met some random people & another mate joined us a bit later. Shot Milky Way there & then moved across to Durdle Door for more Milky Way. Shot a crescent moonrise in bluehour Followed by sunrise about an hour later. Very long & tiring walk back to the car at Lulworth with 6% battery left out of everything! Quick power nap, cooked some breakfast, coffee & hot chocolate before heading back home for about midday Sunday :)

168 miles well spent imo :)

EDIT - I keep meaning to start a catch up thread of my nights out in all honesty but don't get around to it - bit of an on-going post a bit like a blog I guess.

Maybe stick it in the Astro section.

Last edited:
Back