What will be your next photography related purchase? Or what photography gear do you lust after?

Well taking my daughter and the M50 mk ii kit we have to WEX later...so might be coming back with something.

Update
I'm very happy with the values WEX have sent me, so tomorrow I'll be getting some new toys....

I know we all like new kit but surely it's a bit extreme part exchanging your daughter. :jawdrop:

Hopefully in a couple of months I'll be looking at buying the Canon 100-400 f/4.5-5.6 L IS USM II lens for my full frame. I have the Sigma 150-500 but I have a problem with the focusing, and can't really be bothered at getting it fixed. Never liked the lens either.

Hopefully in a couple of months I'll be looking at buying the Canon 100-400 f/4.5-5.6 L IS USM II lens for my full frame. I have the Sigma 150-500 but I have a problem with the focusing, and can't really be bothered at getting it fixed. Never liked the lens either.

They're amazing. Do it without delay.

A couple of days ago I went to Clock Tower Cameras in Brighton and bought not one but two lens caps for a capless G Claron 150mm lens. I'm now lusting after a back cap for a 24" Artar lens...

Last edited:
On a film kick at the moment, on my wants list is a Nikon F2 or F3 not sure which I prefer plus a 105/f2.5 lens this will complete a small 35mm Nikon film kit.

I am also contemplating adding a couple of lenses (150/180) to my newly acquired Bronica SQAI if the films I have put through it come back without issue.

As for digital there isn’t anything that I need or want, well a Z9 would be nice but at £5300 it can wait until the lottery numbers come up.

If I could get one camera then it would have to be a Leica M plus a lens or two, why, no logical reason I’ve just had this thing about owning one.

I really do fancy the new Sigma 30mm lens for Fuji X mount.

My next thing will be a full frame wide angle lens, I don’t have anything at the moment.
Have got Tokina 11-16 and Tamron 17-50 crop lenses
It’s not something I use very often though I mainly do wildlife and macro so a wide angle lens wasn’t a priority but have thought about trying Astro so will probably go for something like the Samyang 14mm
Be a good few months before I can afford it though, I recently bought a new laptop

Edit I could actually sell them both and buy a full frame wide angle lens , will have a think on it

Last edited:
My next purchase came yesterday! It was a 7Artisans 7.5mm f2.8 fisheye (MFT). I'm glad the weather is ok today as I'll give it a test on a landscape scene I've been wanting to shoot.

Got my eye on yet another poxy bag :(
I was like that recently, I feel the need to take ALL of my crap "just in case I need it". I ended up getting a 30l hiking bag and use handbag inserts for lenses and my camera, works really well.

I was like that recently, I feel the need to take ALL of my crap "just in case I need it". I ended up getting a 30l hiking bag and use handbag inserts for lenses and my camera, works really well.
I’ve got plenty of bags already, but am going away in August and wanted something I could use as carry on luggage, put a small amount of kit in with some clothes etc. I have nothing suitable at the moment for this duel purpose so started ‘researching’…:facepalm:

Yeah why can’t they make them “just” the right size

They do. Unfortunately, we keep buying a little more kit and so the perfect bag becomes a just too small bag.

I am considering a Sigma 24-35mm f/2 Sport in Canon EF mount just to adapt it to my Sony a9. It would also have use on my Canon 7DII and M5.

Only problem that would stop me from buying is that I don't need one really, although that has never bothered me before.

I am curious also about this lens. Totally surplus to requirements but as you say - that has never bothered me before either :D

I'll be chopping my EF 24-70 2.8 and 70-200 2.8 in for their RF equivalents.. I'm looking forward to the lighter bag!

Just picked up a Sony A1 and would love a Sony 600mm f/4.

If only I could convince myself to sell my A7R3 and full underwater housing kit to ease my conscience to buy it.

Delivered on Thursday.
Decided to go to the Lake District Wildlife Park on Thursday to test it out more.

Next purchase will have to be a carbon tripod.

I took a drive up to Ffordes for a bigger core unit for my Shimoda bag.
Couldn't resist a Benro Rhino tripod.
Lovely bit of kit but then an advert popped up for their new Induro Hydra 2 tripod.
If only I held on a bit longer!!
Now hankering after the Flexshooter head but can't justify the cost.
Looks really versatile all the same

Last edited:
R3 - will be with me tomorrow - why oh why on a Monday. . . . . dark when I go to work and dark when I come home, next weekend seems soooo far away

After reading far to many reviews regarding D850 versus D500 I have finally ordered the D500. I mostly photograph wildlife and on balance I think the D500 will best meet my needs.

My next purchase will actually be my first camera related purchase. Eying up a few used cheap cameras and lenses on MPB for as little outlay as possible whilst still being quality. My idea of quality to go off is a iPhone camera .

@Brentor i played guitar and piano for ages and the one thing I take away from it every day is that I work really hard to be half as good as some people who put hardly any effort in because of talent.

But you don’t need talent to enjoy something or to have fun

Back