What will be your next photography related purchase? Or what photography gear do you lust after?

Had been hankering after a longer telephoto and just bit the bullet with a mint Nikon 80-400 afs and very glad I did too, stunning IQ and that's on a cheapo 3200 ex until my D750 eventually makes its way back from Nikon (nearly 4 weeks and counting now!)

Nothing,

I'm spent out.

In the last month we've bought a new (to us) car

Oh and a boot liner for the car.

Oh, and seat covers for the car.

Oh, and I've bought an XT-2,

Oh and the XT-2 grip.

Oh and 3 Hitech Firecrest filters.

Oh, and 2 Samyang lenses.

Oh, and the Hitech Firecrest filter holder.

Oh, and a remote release for the XT-2.

Oh, and a Fuji to Nikon Ai converter.

I like the sound of the improved AF and focus points in the 5D4 vs my 5D3 which is no slouch.

No idea what the 5D3 is worth as part ex or private sale to fund such an upgrade???? Even if I could justify the money for the price difference ? :(

Next purchase? - lusting......

Oh dear! I have started doing searches for a PENTAX 67 6x7 600MM f/4 ASAHI SMC-TAKUMAR. The problem is, at 6kg I will have to hire a Sherpa too. 'Smiley face', in case Den doesn't realise the Sherpa reference was tongue in cheek.

Next purchase? - lusting......

Oh dear! I have started doing searches for a PENTAX 67 6x7 600MM f/4 ASAHI SMC-TAKUMAR. The problem is, at 6kg I will have to hire a Sherpa too. 'Smiley face', in case Den doesn't realise the Sherpa reference was tongue in cheek.
I had nuch the same lust moment but went for a gripped Pentax 645N instead.

I have used a 67 back in the day.... you will save money as carrying that beast around you can cancel your gym membership [emoji41]

I had nuch the same lust moment but went for a gripped Pentax 645N instead.

I have used a 67 back in the day.... you will save money as carrying that beast around you can cancel your gym membership [emoji41]

I used to have an SQA, but this will be stuck on my K-3ii until I get my K-1. Evidently there is little to zero light loss with the converter.

Last edited:
I really am going to get that Sigma 20/1.4.

I have been saying that for 2 months and since then have bought.

Fuji X-Pro1, Gariz half case, Lensmate thumb grip. lens mate soft trigger, strap, 23WR, 35WR, 56R, X-T1, Gariz half case, lens mate thumb grip, Lexar UHS-II 64G, screen protector for both.

I could have bought like 3 x Sigma by now.

I failed.

I just bought a Canon 35L mk2.

Ha ha..this thread! Write it down and boom go and buy it a few days later....

Going to trade in my 35L for a Sigma 20/1.4. So I will have it!

I generally don't think about upgrading until I am in a position to buy it, hence the short time frame between thinking and buying. The period is just researching and price comparison.

Last edited:
Well probably nothing for a while, after much humming and harring over my kit but have fully committed to Pentax now, picking up a few bits at basically "pre-brexit" prices over the weekend:

Pentax 15-30 f2.8
Pentax 50mm FA f1.4
Pentax 77mm f1.8
Pentax 150-450

Also have a used K1 coming tomorrow to make 2x K1 bodies, but I might just return it, although to be fair with the new price going up to £2000 I might keep it a while and see how much I use it, I wouldn't lose much of anything selling it on again!

I may be able to get the 70-200mm f4 IS i've been wanting in the next few months as I may have some unexpected funds - but only if the price is right! so i will be scouring the forum :)

6j6oPTS.jpg

Either a Canon 6D or cyclocross bike, together with Lightroom 6.

If I go with a new camera, I would have to rethink about the lenses I would use. Only thing I would be able to use is the 100mm macro and the sigma 150-500mm and I haven't had the new wide angle lens long :/

Last edited:
Back