What will you buy this year?

I intend on buying nothing more. [I say that now ]. lol.

Bought a new Canon 5D Mark II a fortnight ago. I think that's enough for a good while. Especially, since i'm not in a professional / semi-professional league. It's easy to get carried away with this photography caper.

Not sure yet, depends really on what new comes from Canon
Was going for a 50D, but if there is a 60D might look at that or possibly a 7D

No rush though and more interested in using what I have for now, probably be saying the same things this time next year

I've just bought a 70-200 f4 IS L and a grip for the 450d so I think I'll stick with that for a while, but I can certainly see myself splashing out on a 5d mk2 later in the year!

Looking to get a grip for my 5DmkII and a spare battery

I'd like to get the Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8 this year, but after getting the Sigma 10-20mm & 70-200 f/2.8VR in October, and the D300s for Christmas, I'm not getting my hopes up. ;)

looking at
BP-E6 grip for the 5DII
spare batteries
300mm f4L or 100-400 for some added reach.
Ring flash if i can save up enough for the lencarta safari.

And lots of stuff non camera related.

Having just moved to full frame, this year I'll mainly be lusting over the 14-24 and 24-70 but most likely ending up buying the Tamron 17-35 and a couple of primes instead!

I just did a rather BIG upgrade so it will be a bit limited for a while. Unless I find a way of robbing banks AND getting away with it ;)

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

Not looking to buy anything this year in terms of photographic equipment; but a replacement for my transport utility (camel) may be happening. Looking to buy something vintage and from UK hopefully.

Wow Ali B!!!

I just bought a 28mm f1.8 which doubles my lens count :D I might buy a 70-200 but I am suppose to be saving...

Browsing camera-buster it seems everything has gone up a lot in price, almost £200 in some cases over the past year, any reason for this?

I plan to buy the Canon 100mm Macro, the MT24EX the Canon 10-22mm, the Canon 15mm Fisheye and maybe a 24-105 f/4L

Non-photography wise I also intend to buy a new Kayak, and upgrade my old snowboard kit

Well finally got myself a tripod and bag this week so all Im really after now is a macro lens. Just need to decide which lol.

I have just replaced my 400d and kit lens to a 1dmk11n and 70-200L. Just need a 'walkabout' lens and i will be even happier :)

I am getting a Sigma 120-400 f4.5/f5.6 and a bigger Lowepro.

You will need a bigger bag for that.I got one in October and still havn,t got a bag that I can fit the camera and attached 120-400 in.
I have already spent a big chunk of this years photography budget last week, on a Nikon 24-70 2.8. I think I had better refrain for a while.

Reading these threads makes me want to upgrade all my kit. I would love a 70-200 2.8 but unlikely with prices as they are at the mo.

I've been watching this site from the shadows for ages; this is my first post!!!!
And most appropriate, since my old 35mm A1 gave up the ghost many years ago, I've worked my way slowly through various G3, 4, 9 & 10's.
However this weekend I've just splashed out and bought a 7d. (It's my 50th birthday treat)!!!!!!!:)
No lens as yet, still thinking, but it will almost certainly be a 17-55mm. I'll pick one up soon.
Meanwhile all I can do is read the manual and look at the camera body!!!!!

I just did a rather BIG upgrade so it will be a bit limited for a while. Unless I find a way of robbing banks AND getting away with it ;)

Same here, got no plans for anything this year, maybe ;)

Nowt more than £20 planned, but if I feel the urge I'll read this again, first. ;)

lol @Dod, who do you think will crack first? ;)

I don't think it will be me :p The only thing I might be in the market for is a 200-400 and they're too bloody expensive :(

Ive blown this years budget already on

Canon 7D body
BG-E7 grip
2 Sandisc CF cards 8gb UDMA
EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM
EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM
Gitzo CF3541LS tripod
Kirk King Cobra gimbal head

although I am eyeing up a Manfrotto 410 Junior Geared Head :naughty:

Just got a D700 the other day ... 14-24 f2.8 arriving mid-week, Going to get a 70-200 f2.8 VRII when I go to Vegas in a couple of months and possibly a 1.4 or 1.7 converter.

I may decide to complete the "Holy Trinity" and get the 24-70mm f2.8 because everywhere I turn I'n hearing how good this lens is. The 105mm macro lens may also joint the list before the year is out along with an SB-900 and a new bag to throw it all in to.

That should be it, although if I see an RSS BH-55 head when I'm Stateside it may just make it into my hand luggage for the journey home !!!

Bought my first bit already, Zuiko 90-250 f2.8, next is an EC-14 (1.4x convertor) and then the new Ex body when it's released, possibly a 7-14 f4 lens too.

Paul

70-200 F4L non is, Sigma 30 1.4 and Tamron 90 macro are all on my list this year!!!

lol if you looked at my kit bag you might think so, but not really no, put it this way with discount i can usually find it elsewhere and save myself some cash!!!!

I got my D90 at the beginning of the year. Im planning on buying a Nikkor 70-300 VR, a 50 F1.8, and hopefully a wide angle or macro lens. Also a tripod and a bag to carry it all in.

will be getting either a 24-70 L or the 24-105 L in time for the summer, would like to also get 70-200 and 430 EX too!

If I'm made redundant I'm after my "cover all areas" dream kit:

5DMKII + Grip
40D + Grip
MP-65E Macro
16-35 F2.8L
50mm 1.4
EF 100mm Macro
MR14-EX Ring light
580EX
Zoom lens for the birdies - TBD (300mm +)
Plus new tripod, studio lighting, filter system etc

If I don't get redundancy - bugger all - maybe a 90mm macro for the Samsung...

Carl

Just got my major purchase this year, a 24-70 L.

Would like a 100-400 L but I expect I'll just end up getting accessories - grads and a monopod.

Been tempted for ages by the Minox M3 5MP compact thing. Had it in my basket a few times but have yet to do the final few clicks to actually purchase it! Other than that, I don't think I want or need anything. Of course, if money were absolutely no object, I could be tempted to change the Sigmas for the Nikon equivalents but since the Sigmas do the job perfectly well for me, it's not a priority at all.

The only think I will definitely be buying (already paid the deposit) is a pair of flights to Crete in June. Just trying to decide how many nights to spend in the places we want to be. Looking like 7 in Chania and 6 in Aghia Galini with one near Heraklion so we can do the North coast road while fresh in the morning rather than after the flight, in the dark.

Well I just got my 'holy grail' the 70-200 vr (went for the v1 as didnt like some of the reports coming through about the v2 and flaking inside the lens etc.) got a great second hand copy from these forums and cant wait to get out and reinvigorate my photography in 2010 :)

Back