What will you buy this year?

Edit My Images
Yes
What new equipment will you buy this year?

I would love to buy the Canon 5D Mk2 but failing that my plans are to upgrade to a 50D and to buy the 100mm Macro f2.8, maybe the L glass IS version of it since they seem to be coming down in price.

So what definite plans do you have for equipment for this year?

Home studio set up, it's my daughters prom this year and it was easy to get round the wife :D

I may well upgrade to 40D this year, but I'm a firm believer that there's more to be had form better glass, so I'm toying with a 70-200/f2.8.

Would love to get some prime glass for Motorsport, now I got the body (ha ha if only that meant both meanings!) I need some L to fully utilize it :)

I'm planning to upgrade the body this year.

I should be able to upgrade to a D300 later on in the year or I could show a bit of patience, save a bit more and go for a D700. :)

I'm planning to upgrade the body this year.

I should be able to upgrade to a D300 later on in the year or I could show a bit of patience, save a bit more and go for a D700. :)

Showing patience and buying photography gear do not go together well :) lol :)

i upgraded to the 50dthis week and love it, next few purchases will be convert the garage to a studio (depending on how i get on with flash guns i may invest in studio lighting), couple of lenses possibly other than that the odd few little things like extra cf cards, NEED to get the 50d gripped asap so that will be my purcahses

Once my sister takes my D90 and a couple of DX lenses off my hands I'll be going for a 70-200 2.8. I haven't decided upon the version II or whether to save some money and get a second hand version I yet though.

I Should also upgrade my 1.8 nifty fifty for a 1.4 at some point to make even better use of the D700's low light capabilities.

Should be delivered tomorrow and I'll post pics of it then, but it has a "1" in the product name and says "Canon" on the box...

WoooOOOO0000

If you need any help with the controls on the 1000D, give me a call

;)

Well, I was going to order a new car yesterday, but put this on the back burner due to being messed around by so many salesmen I really dont want to give any of them my hard earned dosh...

...so, this leaves me with some money to play with!!! :naughty:

My first purchases this year are going to be a 50D with a 70-200L 2.8!

My ambitions for 2010 are all about getting better both technically and creatively using the kit that I've got.

If I feel this is happening, then I would be looking at the Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS USM and Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM. I'll keep my 500D on the basis that improvements in image quality will come from better lenses rather than upgraded body.

I already have a Canon 10-22mm, so this plus the two mentioned will cover pretty much anything I might want.

This year ? hmmmm
Nikon d700 and maybe later to change to something like d3s :)
a wide prime, 85 f1.4 , 135 f2, 70-200 f2.8, couple of flashes (sb-900) some umbrellas, soft boxes etc for home studio...and that would be it ;)

Hopefully towards the end of this year I'll be able to get a D700 and start up somekind of business on the side. We'll see how it goes as it heavily depends on how the wife's dental practice will go :D

Might get a micro 4/3rd camera this year if they manage to put a decent viewfinder on it.

Don't really need anything in DSLR land.

I've just bought this years kit :)
Canon 100mm IS macro and Tamron 17-50, I went for the non VC version:)
I'm quite happy with the 40D .:)
I dont think I could get away with anything else for a while but the next lens will be a wide angle a 10-20
Pete

Either a Pentax K-7 or a Canon 7D.

My Pentax K10D is starting to look a bit ropey (over 3 years old) and yesterday the memory card latch failed so thats now held closed with some red electrical tape (hmmm, maybe I should go buy some black to match the body).

I will be getting a 300 F4 L IS before the summer.

I was hoping to be able to pick up a second hand 1D mk III too, but my piggy bank isn't looking as healthy as I had hoped!

Well, either a new body, better lens, or bridge. Though lens or bridge would be a better bet for me, as it will be a couple of years and then the 7D will be in my reach, so fingers crossed on a nice big lens and/or *Fuji HS10* Obviously the little accessories too, looking for a Jessops AF300D, remote release etc :)

Looking to by a canon 100-400L IS USM as like said above the glass will last longer than the camera and will give me much better IQ than the cheap lens I have now.

Spike

Some Ziess glass for my Sony....:)

The Sony A700 replacement that will have faster and more AF points and micro AF adjustment, plus maybe the Sony 500mm F4, assuming they get around to releasing either. My A700 has been a fine camera but it's three years old, and Alpha users desperately need a couple of decent long primes.

a film leica kit :eek: I pick it up tomorrow comes with a few lens and angle finder, looking forward to having a go with it, if I dont like it I can always sell it on as its in mint condition.

^
Sounds very, very cool.

On my wishlist for this year is a 35L, 135L and 100-300mm f4.

well as i just ditched all my digital gear for film... i think thats a big enough change for now... later on though a old second hand digital back would be nice... but its a long distant dream at the moment

Well if it could be bought, some better weather! It's a good job that cameras are doing better and better at higher ISOs; very dull here in Norwich and has been for several months :-(

I'd love a 7D and also a 100mm macro 2.8L and the 17mm TSE lens. They are my main aims for this year, purchasing wise but much depends on my job situation, which is in the balance right now :(

A nice prime for portraits....not sure what yet, 85 1.8/135L/85L...still can't make up my mind.

Already bought one second-hand D3 - probably going to get a new D3s later in the year...maybe... might have to sell the D3x to fund that as it'll be more use to me than the 'x has been... Don't really want to part with it, but when it comes to making money, the D3 and D3s bodies would be used far more than the D3x will...

Probably also buy a couple more SB900 flash units and an SU800 commander, maybe also a ring-flash, if I can find one that I like...

Just ordered a Siggy 70-200 f2.8.

Might get a f2.8 kit lens replacement, a grip maybe or even a body?

Just blown this years budget.

7D (new)
24-70f2.8L (new)
Sigma 70-200 f2.8 (new)
1.4x extender (s/h)
Tokina 12-24 (s/h)
Redsnapper monopod (new)

Just got to learn how to use 'em now.

Nifty Fifty
Canon 100-400mm
Canon grip.

Thats the list il be hoping to splash out on this year. And a better tripod aswell. And a flash. and maybe some ND grad filters. Possibly another CF card. Bigger bag to accommodate the 100-400. Maybe a landscape lens.

Think thats it :LOL:

For my Rugby/Motorsport i want to upgrade from my Nikon fit siggy 100-300... Think a 300 Nikon prime would be nice but doubt funds will stretch. Would also love the new 70-200 VRII - thats a real possibility.

Also NEED a decent set of flash triggers... If pocket wizard ever release Nikon miniTTL's they would be perfect.

Another 580EX II
Canon 100-400 L, if a new version comes out this year.
1.4 Extender
50mm 1.2L next month
Light stand + soft box.

Back