What would you save?

Name
Linda
Edit My Images
No
So, I was having to sort out my insurance this week after the arrival of a shiny, new toy and it made me think about what were the most important bits of my kit - just talking about which lenses would I grab if the floodwaters were rising [ or disaster of your choice] and I could only grab a few. If I had a ThinkTank Speedracer and could stuff them in there, I think it would be my 5D3, 24-70, 100-400 and my 1.4 converter.. what about you?

None of them, my insurance covers new for old so I would replace old kit with new kit

Reactions: LCS
My Agfa Billy Record (first camera) and my Kilfitt Pan Tele-Kilar 300/4....both over 50 years old and irreplaceable.

Probably just grab one of my duplicate hard drives with all my photos on. Having recently had some camera gear stolen it does focus one's mind on what is important. The insurance paid up so my gear was replaced but what I was most glad about was that i was on a photographic holiday and had taken lots of photos and still had all the memory cards on me rather than in the car that was broken into.

Anything that's easily saved.

All.my stuff is insured but I'd at least try and save it than have the hassle of claiming.

Id be more worried about grabbing my old photos than any gear. They are irreplaceable.

I would just grab the external hard drive. I suppose I should grab the kids too.

Well, I was more interested I suppose in what you thought were your most important bits of kit...

I like to think that I have a well rounded kit, each piece has it's job and is as important as the next piece. I'm confident that I can arrive at a job and have the right gear to do whatever I need to.

If I had to get rid of my gear and could only keep one body and one lens, I'd keep my Fuji X-T1 with the 23mm f1.4.

For me, it would not be any of my possessions - MacBook, iPhone, cameras lens - as they're incredible but I don't have a deep connection to them. They are just replaceable. I would grab (somehow!!) the table off my mother, some crockery off my grandma and a suitcase off my passed step granddad. Stuff that's far more precious to me and not replaceable.

If it's equipment, it would be camera, quadra and 135mm f2 if I could carry them all at once.

Back