Whats happened to these slides ?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all,

You will have to excuse the scan ( two mobile phones one as white table one to scan it ) But what do you think has done this ? The scans are possibly 50 years or more old but all have this what appears to be a light leak. Is this likely to have occurred in the camera or has the slide deteriorated over time ? I'm guessing in camera but do not have any experience of slides to know any different.

Thanks all

slide.jpg

That's been done in camera by the looks of it.

If all slides have the same effect in the same place it'll be in camera.

Yes, in camera.

The band being over exposed suggests a light leak, possibly from a faulty door seal or the cassete left with the opening facing bright light.

Definately a light leak, also any similar slides (or negs) that are similar then Photoshop would clean them up by just clicking "autocolor".
Used PS on this slide and the colours came back better, so if it was an important shot then a better scan and PS and it's recoverable.

Thanks everyone, These particular ones are not really super important , I was more worried that they have degraded over time and thus would the other ones I have. My dad I'm not sure why other than the fact we used to have slide shows ( Quite exciting at the time ) always shot on slides with most of his cameras being Russian or East German ( He had all sorts of Russian things).
I really am going to have to copy them this winter !

Back