Whats on your wrist?

Omega Seamaster Cosmic 2000.
But it needs to go back to Switzerland for a refurb as the self winding mechanism has stopped holding a charge.
Nice shape! I hope they fix it up quickly. Omega services seem quite reasonable price wise.

I've heard that these are one of the few smartwatches that can last a substantial amount of time between charges! I've been trying to use my watch more so I abstain from checking my phone clock and whilst i'm there emails etc!

It generally lasts me a week on a single charge.

I love the fact the watch vibrates, so I can leave my phone on silent, but never miss a call or txt.

Samsung smart watch :)
Did you get the gear fit? I have one but it doesnt fit comfortably.

It appears that there's a fair spread of smartwatches to regular watches among our userbase ! I guess it makes sense with the nature of the profession/hobby on here! People enjoy tech!

Did you get the gear fit? I have one but it doesnt fit comfortably.

It appears that there's a fair spread of smartwatches to regular watches among our userbase ! I guess it makes sense with the nature of the profession/hobby on here! People enjoy tech!

Mine,the Nero-2,like but sometimes problems with the Bluetooth connection,which can be annoying :(

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by pedometer - but it logs distance run/walked/swum. It also counts cadence and supports apps so if you really wanted to count how many steps you walked it could do that. But I wouldn't recommend it as a "sedentary" tracker. It's great for measuring walks/runs but if you want to mostly track steps in a day during "normal" activities then a cheap pedometer would probably be better.

Battery life depends on how often you want a GPS fix. Best sensitivity will give you 16 hours life, "good" will be 24 hours and "OK" will be 50 hours. With GPS off (but other stuff recording) it's 150 hours+. Those are manufacturer's figures but I've certainly had it record a 5 1/2 hour run at best quality and have 65% of the battery left at the end.

Mine,the Nero-2,like but sometimes problems with the Bluetooth connection,which can be annoying :(
Bluetooth is just s***e. I look forward to a standard one day which is less battery hungry, stable and can transmit a decent throughput of data! :-/

That's better! Lost the reply box and it just posted the quote.

What I wanted to say was that I would quite like a walk tracker (distance covered) just out of interest. I've tried traditional pedometers and they're either hopelessly inaccurate or break. Might have to investigate the golf types but trying to avoid them if possible!

Help for heroes wristband and a copper magnet bangle thingy. Don't need a posh watch.

I've got a LG R smartwatch, one of the best "gadgets" I've ever bought. Not the cheapest tech but I'd buy another one immediately if I lost out broke this one :)

It generally lasts me a week on a single charge.

I love the fact the watch vibrates, so I can leave my phone on silent, but never miss a call or txt.

Here is a photo of my lovely pebble :)ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1442870438.346956.jpg

Stainless steel Seiko, but I've no idea of the model. It's quite accurate, reliable, and that's about all I expect from a watch. I can't see the date without my reading glasses, but I normally know the date so this doesn't matter.

I've never used my cellphone to check the time. I'd rather glance at my wrist than rummage around in my pockets, trying to remember where it is or if I even brought it with me!

I too have my dads old watch though I never wear it, a Roamer. I have a number of other watches, nothing expensive, a couple of Seikos, a couple of Accurist, just nice looking ones. On my wrist is an LG G watch which is great because it lets me buy a new watch for 50p any time I get a spend on :)

I had an LG G watch until I lost it recently. Absolutely loved it.
Do you fancy a spare charging cradle free of charge? Mine is useless without a watch.
Drop me a PM if you want it.

That's kind of you Stupar thanks but I have two already though, one for the house and one that travels with me. :)

That's better! Lost the reply box and it just posted the quote.

What I wanted to say was that I would quite like a walk tracker (distance covered) just out of interest. I've tried traditional pedometers and they're either hopelessly inaccurate or break. Might have to investigate the golf types but trying to avoid them if possible!

I think you might be better off with one of the new fitness trackers. People seem to like the Mio Fuse.

Nice shape! I hope they fix it up quickly. Omega services seem quite reasonable price wise.
Some of it may be beyond repair - I lost the crown ring on the tube one day - I doubt they'll be able to replace that :(
But it has sentimental value for me so I'd like to get it brought back into use - at the moment I'm wearing a Skagen watch which is really slim - I like watches that go under my shirt cuff rather than be showy.

Stainless steel Seiko, but I've no idea of the model. It's quite accurate, reliable, and that's about all I expect from a watch. I can't see the date without my reading glasses, but I normally know the date so this doesn't matter.

I've never used my cellphone to check the time. I'd rather glance at my wrist than rummage around in my pockets, trying to remember where it is or if I even brought it with me!

I'm a bit like that, also the areas I work in forbid mobile phones in quite a lot of places and also in others you would look suspicious constantly dragging a phone out to check the time.

A few from the safe, the Date Just was a gift from the wife on my 40th Birthday

I work with food so I don't wear a watch but if I didn't work with food Id have a Longines Saint-Imier L2.753.5.52.7

I think you might be better off with one of the new fitness trackers. People seem to like the Mio Fuse.

Quite possibly, although anything with "fitness" in its name is a bit of an anathema to me!

Some of it may be beyond repair - I lost the crown ring on the tube one day - I doubt they'll be able to replace that :(
But it has sentimental value for me so I'd like to get it brought back into use - at the moment I'm wearing a Skagen watch which is really slim - I like watches that go under my shirt cuff rather than be showy.

Quite like the look and feel of the Skagens but couldn't read the date complication on the one that I particularly liked. The Rotary I bought instead was 1/3rd the cost (knocked down from about the same as the Skagen) and a similar depth (8.5mm) with a readable date (without my reading glasses on.)

The Rotary I have is almost the same as THIS and was dropped from £150 to £50 in a local jewellers.

Just chased the Oyster but the shop's only open Wednesday through Saturday so will have to try again tomorrow.

The Rotary I have is almost the same as THIS and was dropped from £150 to £50 in a local jewellers.
Just chased the Oyster but the shop's only open Wednesday through Saturday so will have to try again tomorrow.
Looks quite similar to my Skagen! Good price too.

Currently I'm going through a watch collecting phase. My day to day wearer is a Seiko 6139-6012 automatic single register chronograph from 1972 which I just had serviced and had the crystal replaced in. Love some of the 70s style watches

Looks quite similar to my Skagen! Good price too.

Extremely similar! The Skagens have the dates at 6 o'clock rather than 3.

Ooh nice thread, I like seeing what people wear :)

Here's my every day... well, I say everyday, I rarely wear a watch now, but when I do I love the simplicity of this.

Watch - TW Steel
by Dave Young, on Flickr

@wibbly now that is a cracking simple face, I struggle with my GMT in low light and I think its the reason I will change in the next few years to an easier to read dial.

@wibbly now that is a cracking simple face, I struggle with my GMT in low light and I think its the reason I will change in the next few years to an easier to read dial.

Yeah, they are pretty good quality for the price I have to say. :)

Yeah I find that if it's much thicker than 10mm then it's kind of obtrusive or will scratch on a keyboard if not under the cuff. I have 3 watches and all of them are around 10mm or under, or they get caught!

I find my GMT II perfect for thickness I reckon it's about 10mm

Attachments

• 1442934913918.jpg
    1442934913918.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I find my GMT II perfect for thickness I reckon it's about 10mm

Yeh I guess my 2 are similar. just about slim enough to fit under my cuff!

IMG_2111_1468787.jpg

This was my late Dad's watch during WW2, still working although it could do with a service. Any recommendations of a reliable watch maintennce person or company please

12973614243_fd2b61d11e_z.jpg

This was my late Dad's watch during WW2, stkll working algthogh it could do with a service. Any recommendations of a reliable watch maintennce person or company please

View attachment 46944
Wow , yeh that could probably do with a spruce up! I have read many good reviews about this chap. http://watchguy.co.uk/ - His prices are good also. I'm looking to send some over a watch to him when he nexts accepts orders in a few days.

Thanks Rich, will keep an eye on his site and get it cleaned up

Cheers
Rich

Back