Whats on your wrist?

at the moment i wear one of these

Arctura%20Kinetic%20SRN009P1.jpg

it's the sort of watch i can put on my wrist and just wear it without worrying to much about it getting a couple of marks on it but i do take it off when i work on the car just in case

before this one i wore a seiko 5 automatic for over 10 years but it wasn't that accurate it would gain about a minute a week but over time it would mount up which used to niggle me hence getting the above watch which gives me quarts accuracy with automatic functionality
or so they say :)
to be honest i think the kinetics are a bit of a con they use a rechargeable battery or a capacitor depending on the age of the watch that is charged via a pendulum but the battery / capacitor doesn't last for ever so has to be changed every 6 years or so
they do last longer but i think seiko's recommendation is 6 years which places them right along side your average quarts watch with no kinetic or whatever other name they give a similar type of movement

having said all that i do like the watch :)

Would also recommend thewatchbloke.co.uk also known as Duncan Hewitt. He serviced my Seiko for me and my other half's 50 year old Omega. Less of a waiting list than the watch guy and prices are just as reasonable​

to be honest i think the kinetics are a bit of a con they use a rechargeable battery or a capacitor depending on the age of the watch that is charged via a pendulum but the battery / capacitor doesn't last for ever so has to be changed every 6 years or so
they do last longer but i think seiko's recommendation is 6 years which places them right along side your average quarts watch with no kinetic or whatever other name they give a similar type of movement
Ahh, I wondered whether their Kinetic term actually meant a mechanical automatic or some other wizardry. Thanks for the education, sucks if you need to put a battery in a Kinetic branded watch!
I had a Seiko titanium watch, i still have the case somewhere, but the bracelet bust years ago. I looked at the older Grand Seikos recently. Some of those are classicly handsome, keep good time and not too pricy

A Tag Heuer ladies link diamond watch. Wedding present from my husband.
Screen Shot 2015-09-25 at 18.10.17.jpg
The waves don't show up that much in real life lol, but it is absolutely lovely. Only shame about it is the logo isn't in red & green, but then if it was, I think it would look blimming odd and not as nice. Always loved watches - a trait I picked up from my dad :(.
A Fitbit Flex and bracelet my son made me on my other wrist :p

I prefer these a great deal more to the Submariners. Lucky you!

I love the watch. I wasn't a fan of the raised date bubble. Sadly I'm not a diver so donut it'll ever see it's build really tested but it's worn in the bath etc and still works. Doubt I'll ever part with it.

Mines the 40mm case, the newer ones are just too big for a skinny fella like me

I have collected a few watches along the way. Really love the beauty of them and the craftsmanship that goes into making them. The list currently stands at:

Rolex Deepsea Blue.
Sinn 104A. Chrono
Omega Aqua Terra Blue.
Omega Speedmaster MkII
Tudor Pelagos
Hamilton Paneurop
Panerai 090
Seiko Marine Master 300
G-Shock Rangeman

I have culled the collection over the last year but looking at the list above you wouldn't think so!!

Chris

Last edited:
Chris, is that the original Omega Speedmaster Professional MkII or the re-issue. If it's the original then you have the watch I most lust after, particularly with the racing dial

A solitary red pebble time for me - does everything I need a watch to do!
images

Chris, is that the original Omega Speedmaster Professional MkII or the re-issue. If it's the original then you have the watch I most lust after, particularly with the racing dial

Original with racing dial. I need to find some links for the original bracelet as it is too small for me at the minute and it definitely needs a service. I had the reissue as well but traded it. Both fantastic watches.

Chris

@Blue Moon 7 Nice watches but you have a theme going on there ie massive watches :)

I think I have a blue theme inadvertently going on. I wouldn't say the Sinn, Aqua Terra, Pelagos, Seiko, or Hamilton were huge watches. I also have 8.5 inch wrists so it's all relative. Anything that is 40mm or under looks too small unless it's a diver. The Deepsea is 44mm but wears like a 40mm Sub on me.

Chris

I have collected a few watches along the way. Really love the beauty of them and the craftsmanship that goes into making them. The list currently stands at:

Rolex Deepsea Blue.
Sinn 104A. Chrono
Omega Aqua Terra Blue.
Omega Speedmaster MkII
Tudor Pelagos
Hamilton Paneurop
Panerai 090
Seiko Marine Master 300
G-Shock Rangeman

I have culled the collection over the last year but looking at the list above you wouldn't think so!!

Chris
Do you bother with a watchwinder blue moon?

I so nearly bought one of those Sinns but ended up buying an older Glasshutte Original Senator Navigator for a daily watch. I hope one day to grab one of the Sinns as well! I'd also like a Gshock, I like the look of the ones with the inverted LCDs!

Last edited:
I love the watch. I wasn't a fan of the raised date bubble. Sadly I'm not a diver so donut it'll ever see it's build really tested but it's worn in the bath etc and still works. Doubt I'll ever part with it.

Mines the 40mm case, the newer ones are just too big for a skinny fella like me
Yeah i also have skinny wrists, I think a 42mm would suit well, although none of my watches are that. D'oh.

40+ years of wearing a watch and last year payed the pricely sum of 60 quid for an accurist.... I like slim.. black strap and plain silver face.... thats the most I have ever paid for a watch as a treat... theres some ugly watches in this thread:)

2008 16610 Submariner - everyday

1976 5513 metres first - for special occasions

@rich_ I have a fellow diving friend who has one its quite an old watch in the range, he wouldn't sell me it even though its not in use any more, I have hankered after one for about 5 years now. Love the old design. When I last saw one they used to come in a little case like a scuba tank :)

Nothing flashy or named for me, just a functional, rugged watch.

My watch.jpg

Rolex Submariner Bi-metal

talking of watches yesterday i was browsing on line one of our local auction houses and came across a watch that looked very much like one of these

2208A.JPG

but it didn't have the omega badge and the
hour hand was obscuring half the logo which made it impossible to read the make
the logo looked a lot like TWA now i know Rolex made a watch especially for the TWA flight captains years ago it was something to do with different time zones but thats all i know about them
it got me thinking i wonder if omega had done a similar thing in the past ?

anyway i decided to have a go at the watch and ended up paying 9 quid n pence for it
here's the photo i had to go off

1444406565_e8q0IXqgm4aUQeOW_138-001_280.jpg

the photo doesn't tell you very much at all and i know it's not quite the same but in for a penny n all that :)

later on in the day i go to collect my watch not knowing what i had won but at 9 quid i wasn't too bothered
as soon as it was handed to me it had cheap written all over it and on closer inspection of the make it was made by some manufacture called TIMI who iv'e never heard of
it turns out to be a 20 quid Chinese watch in the style of an omega seamaster :(

haa well another watch for the draw that will never get worn
it's not all bad the watch is new and it is an automatic movement, for less than 10 quid i can't complain too much
i'm sure i'l find somebody who wants to wear it :)

Last edited:
Picking Dad's Oyster Perpetual up later this morning. Might get a pukka bracelet for it as well, as long as it doesn't pull my arm hairs (the reason Dad took his off many years ago.)

TAG Heuer Aquaracer, like this one..

Back