what's the going rate for a used nikon d80

Edit My Images
No
i have a nikon d40 with the kit lens 18-55, 55-200.
my sister wants a dslr, so could sell this and help fund for an upgrade.
having read here, better to go for d80 than d60 and anything above would cost too much.

would be good if it came with the 18-135 or similar.

what are the main benefits of d80 over d40, i quite like the lcd screen on the top.

I'd say around £300 for a D80 body, and anywhere from £450-£500 with the lens. They seem to normally be sold with accessories (SD card, remote, spare batteries etc), as the seller is upgrading to a D200/300...

I sold mine a while back for £335 all in. That was body only but totally mint with 4500 odd actuations. I think that was a fair price, it didn't hang around for long so agree with the above totally.

Having used both cameras the list is endless.
I actually hated the D40 so much. A few people I know use them. Poor buggers :p

The D80 is a big leap.
Image quality better.
Build quality better.
Ability to use more lens without inbuilt motor.
The LCD screen makes life easier and quicker.
Ability to do more.
More intuitive.
These are all my own assessments.

Although, if you have the money, then a second hand D200 is even better ;)
And what about...
...oh never mind.

Anyone who would pay more than £300 for a D80 is mad, for just a few quid more get the hugely better D200.

All just IMHO :)

hmm, that's a thought. but it's at least £100+ more from used d80 to d200.
i.e. £300+ to £400+

what can i sell mine for, giving sister a good deal and not ripping her off though? silver d40 with the two lenses

£300-£350 for the D40 + 2 lenses. With a warranty.

A D80 body (again, with warranty) will be £350-£400 (dealer price) - less from e-bay or similar. D200 body will be £500 or so (dealer, warrantied). Another option is a D70(s) - around £200 -£250 (dealer, warranty). For the lens (18-70Dx) £120 (2nd Hand) or £155 new.

I just paid £320 on Ebay. my first DSLR, so really dont know if this was ok or not, but sounds about right?

£300-£350 for the D40 + 2 lenses. With a warranty.

:nono: secondhand, silver,D40,silver 18-55, silver non-vr 55-200? You'd be lucky to see £200 for that lot on Fleabay. Silver Nikons are worth less than black ones, same goes for the lenses. For example a silver 18-55 can be had for around £15, whereas a black one will do £50....

I sold my D80 body only for £375 inc. p&p about two months ago. That was on eBay but I'd have thought you could maybe get one for a little bit less now.

:nono: secondhand, silver,D40,silver 18-55, silver non-vr 55-200? You'd be lucky to see £200 for that lot on Fleabay. Silver Nikons are worth less than black ones, same goes for the lenses. For example a silver 18-55 can be had for around £15, whereas a black one will do £50....

On fleabay, true but from a reputable dealer with a warranty?
(Missed the silver bit, I have to admit - so deduct 10-20% from my original price.)

I would say £300 - £350 depending on if you exclude / include postage and accessories (e.g. SD card, Spare Battery, Remote Release etc).

Add about £100 if you want to include an 18-135 lens but to be honest I'd look for an 18-70mm as it's a far better built lens and can be found for about the same price.

I have a silver d40 lol plus I upgraded to a second hand D80 about 5 months ago I paid £350 that was for the body alone plus wireless remote and a warrantee transferred to my name till 2009 im well pleased with it and I use both cameras probably equally

i bet silver will come back into fashion. the makers alternate the colour between black and silver. its the same with cd players!

as for the silver, won't be a problem if i sale to my sister.

that's cool. think i will try and save for a d80 with a decent lens first up and make sure my sister is happy buying mine ;-)

Back