Review What's The Ugliest Camera You Own?

I don't have my own photo of it, but there may well still be an example of the wonderfully named Polaroid Super Swinger lurking in the attic:

As far as I recall, you set the exposure by squeezing and twisting the big red knob until the word 'YES' appears.

You just couldn't have made up anything better - squeeze and twist the big red knob until it goes "Yes" and it's called the Super Swinger...

Yes, a friend had one of those Samurais, and I was thinking of it with reference to this thread!

I don't have my own photo of it, but there may well still be an example of the wonderfully named Polaroid Super Swinger lurking in the attic:
superswinger.jpg

https://www.collection-appareils.fr/x/html/camera-855-Polaroid_Super Swinger.html

As far as I recall, you set tbe exposure by squeezing and twisting the big red knob until the word 'YES' appears.

Super swinger with the big red knob, steer clear!

But were there any Avocado coloured cameras to go with the bathroom suite??
I think my "champagne" mju II is pretty much a lighter avocado colour... but that was much later than the 70s!

'It was the 70s!'

h'mm reminds me of my joke to my wife for about 50 years when I see her using a sewing m\c ..."I'm still waiting for you to alter my flares to straight".
Nah I still don't have them but it was a bit annoying for a few years as she said "when I get around to them" and gave up and threw good trousers away...end of my interesting story folks.o_O and back to cameras. :D

A D800. My other two are an x-e2 nickname the sexy 2 in japan and an rx100 which is also a looker IMO

The camera and the lenses are great but the design is really ugly, especially the charcoal colored body with the accessory flash on:

Ooh no that is nasty. :puke:

Some of the old Zenits and that were 'agricultural', but I don't think you can beat the late 80s for sheer nastiness. I'm looking at YOU, Minolta...

But that thing there^ is a right minger and no mistake. Jesus.

This thread might go a few more pages if Brian doesn't break the internet with a T70 pic.

Mind you, that Yashica is right up there tbf....:D

just been thinking about mine and I conclude........they're all ugly

except the Nikon.

Last edited:
Mind you, that Yashica is right up there tbf....

No it is horrible, isn't it? Truly gopping. The Minolta 7000, the original AF SLR, may be one of my favourite cams, but that again is bloody ugly.

There's this little horror (and it doesn't even take pictures)

Camera shaped USB memory stick P1012008.JPG

Not mine, thankfully, pentax probably has the ugliest modern cameras... there are a few.

pentax-evangelion.jpg

Not mine, thankfully, pentax probably has the ugliest modern cameras... there are a few.

pentax-evangelion.jpg

Sweet Jesus of Nazareth; that is truly an abomination. :grumpy: A mate of mine had a shell suit like that, back in the late 80s. At what point, did the 'designers' think that purple, green and orange was a winning combination??

Back