Whats the view from your bedroom window?

Name
Alex
Edit My Images
Yes
This is mine! Producing using full HDR techniques; Tripod, 3 exposures with a 6 stop gap. (-3,0,+3) then into Photomatix Pro for the fusion, then into lightroom for a detail!

5838320560_08679f303f_z.jpg

Last edited:
This is mine! Producing using full HDR techniques; Tripod, 3 exposures with a 6 stop gap. (-3,0,+3) then into Photomatix Pro for the fusion, then into lightroom for a detail!

5838320560_08679f303f_z.jpg

Sorry, i dont quite get this:thinking:, I can see the idea was for the dramatic looking sky, but the rest of the image is very confusing:shrug:.
The foreground is very cluttered and looks a bit flat against the tonemapped sky and is also in a need of some leveling.

I don't have one from my bedroom window so for now it will have to be my lounge window (y)

306/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Darrell I think it's just to show the view from your window ;)

Matt
MWHCVT

Well im not gonna beat that one :LOL:, maybe a trip upto johns then i can get on par with yours:LOL:

I get this from my west-facing hobby room window . . .

Sunset+Oct+09+1.jpg

And from the back of my house (which, of course, faces east) . . .

July+10+Dawn+2.jpg

Spare bedroom a.k.a. my office, one morning watching the weather brewing up for something not very nice! Pity about the aerials but this is the "view" out of the window and I prefer to leave as it really is.

office.jpg

I admit, my photo was edited ridiculously heavily, but thats just what the tone map of the HDR did.

I am proud of what I produced, but I do agree that the foreground looks out of place.

This actually got shortlisted fro a comp last year :LOL:

6346462627_79b468be7a_b.jpg

And, no, we don't take this view for granted ;)

Spectacular!
Perspective it a little off, I would of used the rule of thirds and aimed the camera up a bit to capture more sky. But other than that, beautiful.

Actually, the more I think about it.. your shot is better than mind sounds. You've used the perspective of your lens alot better to not make it seen like just another landscape shot of the district. I stand down!

I know! How do I do it, I've just sent a message to the mods about it! :bang:

Click on edit on your first post, then click "go advanced" you can then edit the title :)

The view from our holiday home - sorry, neither a bedroom shot, or my own actual home - but it's the closest I have access to right now.

balcony2.jpg

By that perspective, do you live on a train?

Haha... I'm 6 floors up so it's eye level to the Metro bridge, theres a bit of zoom on this.

This is the outside of the building with the bridge so you get the perspective.

IMG_0048 by shark egg, on Flickr

Last edited:
Haha... I'm 6 floors up so it's eye level to the Metro bridge, theres a bit of zoom on this.

This is the outside of the building with the bridge so you get the perspective.

IMG_0048 by shark egg, on Flickr

I had forgotten about that apartment block, nice and new, a little "West" of the bridge ;) .

some lucky people on this thread judging by some of the views

Les :D

Posted mine already further up but here's the wife's cousins lounge view....

6296363313_7d67a16815_b.jpg

back bedroom...

6309279365_10ace23ed5_z.jpg

I'll take a 'proper' one tomorrow :p

Back