What's Your Olympus Digital Camera History ?

Name
Phil aka Phiggys
Edit My Images
No
My film consist of original Trip 35,Trip MD3,OM1n OM2,OM2sp OM4, along wit OM10,OM20.OM30,OM40
As any serious Oly users can see the OM3 is missing along with a couple of later models.
So should anyone have a OM3 working not working battered or mint please get in touch:olympus:

My Digital only started seriously last year with a OMD-EM5 MK II have added a OMD-EM 1 since 7 prime lenses and 3 zooms.

:olympus:
https://www.dpreview.com/products/c...cts=fuji_s2&products=fuji_s3&products=fuji_s5

For a little while I had an OM1, OM2, OM3 and OM4 all in black. OM3 was really, really nice but I don't see the value in their crazy prices now so I sold it in the end. Think I maybe liked OM1 the most just for its simplicity. Don't have any of them now as they started to become ornaments but do still use my 35 Trip a bit.

Went on to own an OM-D E-M5 then a Mkii. Really nice cameras and I love the styling but a somewhat different user experience to the OM's!

First dip of the toe was OMD E-M10 which lasted about 2 months before I upgraded to the E-M1
Now I have the E-M10 mk2

in theory, this means the E-M1 mk2 will follow :whistle:

I've only ever owned the cutesy little Em5 mk1 - Lovely camera, really impressive IBIS for it's time and it was better in low light [slightly] than the G80 I replaced it with - which was mostly down to ergonomics. I don't get on well with cameras that lack good grip, crampy hand syndrome kicks in after a while

Previously:
mj-something compact
E610 4/3
EPL2 m4/3

Current:
Em10mk2 m4/3
12-40 f2.8
17 f1.8
Panny 35-100

Future:
Weather sealed body - Em5mk2 or Em1mk2??????? But I’m way off upgrading

Last edited:
I'd never owned or used an Olympus camera until a few days ago, when I took delivery of an ebay purchase of an E M10 (first generation) with a couple of lenses. This was a deliberate low cost foray into the brand to weigh up (literally and figuratively) what everyone here has been on about. I took it out yesterday for a short session by the canal with some industrial buildings. I'm not posting any images yet as they won't be up to much, it was more about getting a feel for the controls and use of it. I came away rather liking it, though wondering if it was a bit small for me (even though I have relatively small hands). It is a lovely little outfit though, and already I can feel the inclination to upgrade at some point.

Sold my Canon FF gear and bought the Olympus EM5MK2 with 12-40 pro kit from HDEW.

Best idea I've ever had.

The results I'm getting certainly stand up well against the Canon's output

still have a couple of trip 35's knocking about but apart from that they are the only olympus cameras i have ever owned film or digital
i don't think the trips have seen a film for over 15 years it's been digital all the way for quite some time

I got an E-M1 last year as a major upgrade to the D3300...since then I've picked up zoom lenses covering 14-100mm, and the 17mm & 45mm Olympus primes. Last week I also took delivery of an E-M5ii as my E-M1 needs to go in to repair the rear dial.

I definitely prefer the E-M1 ergonomics but as a backup/2nd camera the E-M5 is pretty sweet.

I had a small film compact; it is still here. I found it today looking for something else. However, last year I tried Olympus digital through the testing programme and now have a 2nd system to be my walkabout.

In terms of film cameras, Olympus has always been my go to. Love my Om1, but my favourite camera is my Olympus 35RD.

Got a bunch of OM cameras and the 35 rangefinder series.

I only moved over to Olympus digital this year with the em5 mkii and now the EM1 mkii, which is a lovely camera.

OM1, EM10, EM5-II, EM1

My list, in order of acquisition, is as follows:

OM1, OM10, XA2, C1000L, C3000, E-PM1, E-PL5, OMD EM1 Mk1, OMD EM10 Mk1, E-PL6.

The XA2, EPM1 and the E-PL5 were moved on, but I still own all the rest, even the C1000L is in working order and the C3000 has an underwater housing I used when doing SCUBA diving.

Olympus AF-1 bought as an engagement present by my now wife in 1987, still with me (missus and camera)

EM1 bought on a Monday, so much shutter shock it could probably register on the Richter scale, returned two days later for a refund.

E-PL1
E-PL2
OM-D EM-5 mk1
OM-D EM-10 mk1. Returned because it was faulty and bought the EM1 instead.
OM-D EM-1 mk1
Lovely cameras, all of them, especially with a 14mm f2.5 lens.
Sadly, all sold and went back to dslr’s

OM10
E-P1
E-P3
E-M5
E-P5
E-M5
E-M1
E-M1
E-P5

I keep going back to Oly because I love using them and then FF pulls me away again. I definitely miss the E-M1- probably the nicest camera I've ever used. And Oly's lovely lenses.

Big wish would be for an updated E-P5, loved using that camera but don't like the Pen-F at all. New sensor and AF in an E-P5 body would be great, but ain't gonna happen.

Initially: E-M5 bought as a smaller and lighter alternative to Canon FF
Then: E-M10II (x2) + E-M1
Now: E-M10II + E-M1 + E-M5II + E-M1II

I use the E-M1 bodies with PRO lenses mainly and the E-M10II and the E-M5II with the smaller and lighter "consumer" zooms and primes.

I have a had a few

OM10 for 18th birthday:banana:
OM2sp
XA2
AF110 still have
Ui300 still have
EM 410
EM 620
E-M1 still have
EM5
EM5ii still have
35SP
Trip 35
OM2
OM2sp still have

:olympus::banana:

Last edited:
My first Olympus was an XA2 (still own) followed by OM2 spot program, which was replaced by an OM4, back when they were current.
Olympus Digital? E510, E620, EP-L1 and now OMD E-M5

I won a Plastic 'Trip' which gave up , then Boy was given an XA2 and OM-2n by a Widow Lady , which i have now ;taken over; as all he uses is his blasted PHONE not a REAL CAMERA any more, then I WON a Compact MJU 760 Digital and was presented with it by Scruffy David Bailey ( who's HE ?? ) and gave that to Daughter -- now have 'Taken THAT over' as all SHE uses is her blasted PHONE, then gave 25 quids to Club Funds for a 'Super-Zoom 570UZ' from a Deceased Club Member, then another Club member gave me an OM-1 and OM-10 " Its not working, mirror up and shutter stuck but you can HAVE it " -- so I put in NEW BATTERIES ( as you DO ) and it all worked, so I lubricated cogs and levers in base-plates and renewed light seal strip foams and both are now very happy . Then an Old Gent 89 GAVE me cameras including a PEN EE half -frame. an XA and an 'Unused' E-500 with 2 lenses, then another Camera Club Member who I recruited has LOADS of gear inc Digital LEICA and Olympus but is not 'big-headed' and as a 'Thank You' for helping him GAVE me his 2003 E-1 with 45-54mm lens. So I have loads of Olympus gear now !!

XA2 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

OM2n set by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Olympus MJU 760 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

OLYMPUS SP- 570UZ Superzoom by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Olympus PEN-EE by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Olympus OM-1 MD by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Olympus XA by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

I forgot I did not have snap of the E-1 !! I have been using it with the famous Russian Helios 44-2 58mm f2 lens ( 2 samples from different Russian factories )so here it is --- only 5MP and made 2003 !!
Olympus E-1 with Helios by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

I won a Plastic 'Trip' which gave up , then Boy was given an XA2 and OM-2n by a Widow Lady , which i have now ;taken over; as all he uses is his blasted PHONE not a REAL CAMERA any more, then I WON a Compact MJU 760 Digital and was presented with it by Scruffy David Bailey ( who's HE ?? ) and gave that to Daughter -- now have 'Taken THAT over' as all SHE uses is her blasted PHONE, then gave 25 quids to Club Funds for a 'Super-Zoom 570UZ' from a Deceased Club Member, then another Club member gave me an OM-1 and OM-10 " Its not working, mirror up and shutter stuck but you can HAVE it " -- so I put in NEW BATTERIES ( as you DO ) and it all worked, so I lubricated cogs and levers in base-plates and renewed light seal strip foams and both are now very happy . Then an Old Gent 89 GAVE me cameras including a PEN EE half -frame. an XA and an 'Unused' E-500 with 2 lenses, then another Camera Club Member who I recruited has LOADS of gear inc Digital LEICA and Olympus but is not 'big-headed' and as a 'Thank You' for helping him GAVE me his 2003 E-1 with 45-54mm lens. So I have loads of Olympus gear now !!

XA2 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

OM2n set by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Olympus MJU 760 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

OLYMPUS SP- 570UZ Superzoom by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Olympus PEN-EE by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Olympus OM-1 MD by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Olympus XA by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Hi Pete great to hear of your history with Olympus cameras and thank you for posting the images of your lovely collection

My first Olympus was a VG-110. Then I bought a PM-2. Having loads of fun with both. Each has an application and purpose which no single camera can cover. Low budget for sure. Cheers.

Back