What's your one most useful tip..

If travelling and you see a shot, stop and take it, it won't be there on your way back!

fingerz said:
Cameras don't take photos, people do.

Hey, I was about to post that! :D

You only have to look at my hard drive for proof!

Alan Woodford

remember copying a photograph is plagiarism taking one thats very much like someone else's is "gaining inspiration" ;)

Marcel said:
Actually I want to change mine.

To one Arkady posted a while back. Not sure if it was 'his' or someone elses (Can't remember), but

"If it's worth 1 frame it's worth at least another 3".

Thats what I work to , choose/compose the shot and grab it many times because you won't/don't get another chance.

If you see something that catches your eye, don't hesitate - take the picture.
If in doubt, take the picture anyway - you'll never get a second chance.

or...

If it's worth one shot it's worth two or more. If it's not worth two frames it's not worth taking...

as long as your happy with the picture thats all that matters, your never going to please everyone all the time. and when your photographing for fun, your photogrpahing for yourself and your own enjoyment, b******* to everyone else. when someones paying you or your working for someone, thats when pleasing others counts

Forbiddenbiker said:
super clean compressed air is good for blowing partials on your dslr sensor. (Gently though, and don't fire directly in)… and, you may want to get a second opinion about this tip. :LOL:

Get a rocket blower....much safer. No little marks from the propellant on your sensor or dust moved onto the ground glass screen.

Now how would I know that :LOL:

Practice and learn to hold the camera still..;)

90% of bin fodder is due to camera shake..:(

RobertP said:
Get a rocket blower....much safer. No little marks from the propellant on your sensor or dust moved onto the ground glass screen.

Now how would I know that :LOL:

:LOL:

I won't ask. :eek:uch:

Tip: don't take tips from me, and don't listen to the man in J****s either.
I though he was waffling, " When I was a pro in the jungle I used this... etc "

... and, also, I was desperate. :( I won't be doing that again. :LOL:

busterboy said:
Practice and learn to hold the camera still..;)

90% of bin fodder is due to camera shake..:(

And 87.435% of statistics are made up on the spot :p

Doesn't stop your main point being right though.
There is a reason I :love: my 24-105 IS L, and it's not the maximum focal length!

Seriously, I have always had problems with camera shake (no, it's not down to the booze :) ) but IS has cured it. (y)

Alan Woodford

Don't worry about things that you can't control!!!!!

Back